Challenge yourself for the week 5/8-5/21

• "Weekly challenges are a great way to stay accountable on your goals over shorter terms. You choose your goal for the week. It may or may not be sustainable over the long term. If a challenge/goal is not working after one week, re-evaluate and modify or move on. If you're thriving and you like it, feel free to reuse goals week to week as you integrate the healthy habits you develop with your routine!

Let us know your goal for this week and be sure to check in along the way and at the end to let us know how you're doing!

Feel free to tell us about how your goal went last week too!"

Shelf, hope it's ok I started this thread. It's been really helpful for me.

Goals for the week:
    on plan all week
    100 oz. of water each day
    exercise Monday through Saturday

Sunday: on plan for the most part (except for a couple of pretzels), fishy on water
    Monday: exercised (25 mins. rebounding/10 mins. free weights), drank all my water, was on plan except for a couple of pieces of full fat cheese/salami at an office party. Totally avoided any chips/crackers/cookies though!
    Tuesday: exercised (30 mins. on rebounder), water-only drank about 70oz., on plan yes but for a couple of thin pretzel stix and some wine
    Wednesday: exercised (20 mins. rebounding, 10 mins. free weights), water - only about 70 oz again, on plan no- ate 6 saltine crackers and about 3 extra servings of peanuts.
    Thursday: fail on all
    Friday: exercised (20 mins. rebounding, 10 mins. weights) on plan except spanikopita for dinner, ok for water

I won't be around next week - but I am going to set some personal goals for myself. It's Friday night and I'm all over the place packing, etc.
  • I've planned my entire week of menus! This is posted on my fridge. I worked "backwards", first making a list of all items I already had so I don't have to go to the grocery store.

My Challenge: See if I can stick with my plan (including prep and not going to the grocery store) AND exercise every day.

Breakfast is always the same; Protein/greens/fruit smoothie w/chia and ginger root, and daily vitamins
    Salads are more veggies than lettuce/dressing is 1/2 T olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Menu Week of May 8-14

Sunday: D-Crack Slaw-DONE YAY

Monday: L- Grilled Halibut/Salad-DONE YAY
    D-Black Beans/Salsa/Tortillas/Salad-DONE YAY

Tuesday: L-Halibut/Salad-DONE YAY
    D-Spaghetti Squash/Veggie Tomato Sauce/Salad-DONE YAY(would have eaten out if not for my plan

Wednesday: L-Spaghetti Squash/Salad-DONE YAY
    D-Ezekiel Tortilla Veggie & Soy Sausage Pizza/Salad-DONE YAY

Thursday: L-Spicy Black Bean Veggie Soup/Salad DONE YAY
    D-Buffalo Hot Dog/Sauerkraut/Black-Eyed Peas/ColeSlaw DONE YAY

Friday: L-Lentil/Sweet Potato/Spinach Soup/Salad WENT OUT INSTEAD D-Pumpkin Nut Oatmeal/Sprouted Seeduction Toast DONE

Saturday: L-Lentil/Sweet Potato/Spinach Soup -DONE
    D-Choice-going out with MOM
    Groceries needed: None

Prep: AM is before breakfast
    PM is before dinner
    Monday: AM Marinate halibut
    PM Cook Black Beans

Tuesday: AM Clean Spaghetti Squash
    PM Simmer Tomato Sauce

Wednesday: Nothing

Thursday: AM Prepare Black Bean Soup
    PM Simmer Black Eyed Peas

Friday: AM Prepare Lentil Soup

Saturday: Come up with something fun for dinner!
  • Of course it's ok you started it!

My challenge for the week is to stay accountable. I will probably be off plan... but I can't be in denial about it!
  • My challenge this week is to exercise 4x.
  • My goal is to get with the PROGRAM this week. Eat on plan (um, and plan first), exercise at least an hour a day etc.

The actual goal is to be accountable for all of this. I use the Beck Diet Solution's chart of logging weight, exercise, sticking to plan and other pro-diet behaviors. Yay.

My HOPE is to be one pound less by next Monday. We'll see if that pans out since I'm basically a maintainer now.
  • *bump*

I've ended up being SOOO busy this week. I'm elated that my menus are all planned and that I don't have to go to the store! I will do this again next week!
  • bump! last day! hope it's been a good week!
  • It's been a great week for me! Planning my meals all at once saved me lots of thinking and it helped me to stay OP. I'll try it again this coming week.