Hello! New here with ZERO motivation!

• Ok maybe that should say ZERO energy! I would say I have tons of motivation, just not enough energy for me to follow through! I have surgery set in 2 days for a tubal ligation so i'm hoping I can really focus on the weight loss once I don't have to worry about getting pregnant. (I tend to get pregnant when I lose weight) I am a very busy mom and just quit my full time job to be home more (for the time being) so hopefully I can get my booty in gear and drop these unwanted pounds. I am around 180ish now and would love to be 130-140s. Just wanted to say "Hi" and look forward to getting to know some of you.
  • Good luck on your upcoming surgery. Looks like we are in a similar boat. I also have no energy or motivation, but I feel so bad about how I look and feel that I know I have to do something. I also lost my job a few months back and am home full time with a special needs child. I am hoping to get him into kindergarten in the fall and have more time for exercise, but in the meantime, I at least want to jump start things by eating healthy. Your weight goal is similar to mine.

Let's make this the year we do it!!!!
  • Nice to "meet" you! Sounds like we do have some similarities. Congrats on the weight you have lost already. May I ask which method you are using to lose it or just the standard "eat less, exercise more?" I have tried different ways of losing but due to an illness am going with something new this time. Not sure how it will go.
  • I actually started a raw food diet last year and was able to take off some pounds. I gradually transitioned back to cooked foods but kept some of the habits (kicking the Coca Cola habit and drinking more water).

However, the weight loss stalled. Somehow I haven't regained, but I obviously can't be complacent anymore if I want to get to a healthy weight.

I have considered lap band surgery - but I don't weigh enough! Too "thin" for drastic surgical measures, too fat to be healthy as is. I thought about pills...but I know that even if I do lose weight on diet pill, I will simply regain when I stop taking them. I did Weight Watchers twice. The first time I lost about 30 pounds, the second time I lost about 10, plateaued and stopped going to meetings. I kept paying the monthly fee....played into their psychology of not wanting to admit I had given up. Finally, cancelled the membership and stayed lazy and fat - but at least I didn't pay for the privilege.

So....here I go again....trying to find my way alone.
  • Well, I have had great success with adipex/phentermine but the last time I took it I was having some weird heart problems/chest pains so I haven't touched them since. Not to mention it would interfere with my current meds i'm taking daily. My problem was every time I would lose 30-40 lb I would get pregnant again or get sick and have to go on steroids which also puts a lot of weight on.Every time I have to start a diet again or healthy eating it seems to get harder and harder! Good news is I had my surgery yesterday and all went well. So now I can really focus on my health and well being. =D Oh and I also tried WW and although it was a good program I had a hard time following it so I cancelled as well. I was looking into the Mediterranean diet and also the "eating clean" diet. I also even though about very bland eating and low fiber bc of having Crohn's disease. I don't know which one I will try but I think i'm leaning towards eating clean since it seems to be pretty healthy. That just sounds a bit hard. But nothing worth working for comes easy I suppose...