Hello from lots of fat chicks in England 17

You're on Page 2 of 37
Go to
  • Morning, got the munches during the night and raided the biscuit tin.

Whatever the boys don't eat today are going in the bin before bedtime tonight, the biscuit tin is too easy to binge from while I am half asleep.
  • Well i got over the first day ok, it's just the rest of the year I have to worry about now We need to get some shopping in either today or tomorrow, mind you I think i could live on Oatso simple for at least a week without getting fed up of it. I really need to get my packed lunches organised, I am not too keen on sandwiches (more of a between meals kind of snack!!) for lunch, will have to make up some salads etc, if anyone has any ideas i would be happy to hear about them.
    I am going to de christmas the house tonight and tomorrow and get out my rebounder, I may even have a jump around on it!!
  • Happy Friday to us!!!
    Oh it is so wet out... so I will post instead!
    Getting to the tidy house stage again...well the lounge is done but the kitchen & dining area needs a sorting.
    Must tackle the ironing bits before the few items multiply ten-fold!!!
    Oh thank you for the abbreviation translation, cat90.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone.Time to get those brollies out!!

• Have just been to a local country park to do the recycling, have a walk and feed the bread/cake/ mince pies/popcorn(!)/to thegeese/ducks etc and the fruit and nut mix to the squirrels. Have to confess to eating about 4 brazils on the hunt for squirrels though . It is absolutely freezing out there, need to get some gloves for Harry but can't face going into town with cold wind/rain battering my raging ear.
    Thats my exercise and good deed done for the day anyway. So far so good with the diet, almost tea time, mmmm what shall I have and what can i do to lose at least 7lb b4 tomorrows ww class
  • mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm brazils.one of my favourites
  • Hi Ladies weighed in this morning on 2 different scales so i don't know what i weigh it's somewhere between 165 and 169.5lbs..i'm going with 169.5lbs because i'm only going to be bothered about the ten's..i.e. 160's..150's..140's. My scales don't seem interested in 2's...i can lose 2 one day and gain 2 the next Although i have'nt started exercising again i am doing better with my eating i've even been able to stare a packet of chocolate hob-nobs in the face and not partake
  • Hello All, well spent the day cleaning the house and getting rid of every last trace of Christmas. There are still a couple of boxes of chocs lurking but they are NOT going to be eaten by me. harry has a big plastic box full of choc/sweets in the fridge and they will be the biggest temptation, I asked him to count them much to DH's disgust cos he cant pinch any now either.
    Dave is cooking the tea on our new George Foreman lean mean grilling machine, any one else got one? Any tips for good meal ideas?? We are having stir fry veg with Chicken he has cooked on it , smells lovely, will report back later to tell you what it tastes like.Bye for now
    TQ
  • TQ...i have'nt got a GF but i've got another brand..it works on the same principal..the fat drips off..ewww i love making bacon on it and showing hubby all the fat that is in the drip tray and saying "you could have eaten that" not that he's bothered..if he ever gain's any weight it's just a little around his belly and it never sticks because he works so hard i've had special k for brekky..have'nt decided what's on the menu for the rest of the day.
  • I have had the most wonderful day.

We got up the sun was shining and todays DIY and tidying tasks were shelved, as we climbed in the car and headed north. First stop was Calendar, was very sunny and everything was frozen, we fed the ducks and had a stroll besides the river and the boys played in the park, then on to a loch, where again in the sunshine we threw stones in the water and broke ice, followed by a hike up hill, breaking more ice and enjoyed many spectacular views, which would be hidden from sight in summer, due to foilage on the trees.

Then off for a snack in the pub and then a drive and a walk around the bottom of the munros. Was a lovely day, but bitterly cold, when we were talking to a woman at a farm on our last walk, it was -2 (celcius). But it was a fantastic day.

Sorry to sound a bit like the Scottish Tourist Board, but I would reccommend visiting on a sunny crisp January day rather than the middle of summer, it may have been cold today, but at least it wasn't raining and muddy

Eating has been alright so far, although Ray has just gone out for pizza and there is a bottle of wine chilling in the fridge for later to wind up this very relaxing day

Wish every Saturday could be this good

Off to come back down to reality - some time
  • Hi ladies, well done on weighing in Cathy. I will have my first weigh in on Weds.
    TQ, I have a GF grill and we use it a lot. I love chicken cooked on it, it always comes out so tender. ALso fish is lovely done on it too. I did try, let me think, yes corgettes...and um, yellow veggie but can't think what it's called, cut into strips and on there for about five minutes, and it was very yummy.
    I am being a slob today, not got dressed yet and am watching Eastender's cos I think it's the Christmas special one.....that Phill Mitchell is such a horror!
    I have been cleaning and doing several loads of laundry though, so not a slobby lazy day!
    Right am off to have another drink of water and then a cuppa...
    have agreat weekend everyone.
  • Carol, your day sounds lovely, and with all the walking you've done, I reckon your exercise programme is going great
  • Best Chicken I have ever tasted!! Oh I love my grill!! We decided to get one because MIL has the baby one and we had tasted food done on hers and were impressed, we bought a bigger one and that was because we bought a new cooker before Christmas and though I am thrilled with the ovens, burners etc the grill is crap and as I don't fry anything I felt the need for one!!
    I am trying hard to keep on track but feel very hungry today, sure its just a TOM thing cos I cannot possibly be hungry after all the stir fry veg I ate.
  • Forgot to mention that I have promised to take Sean, up a mountain, Schiehallion (1083m / 3547 ft), this year.

How mad am I, and how much do I wish I would think before I spoke.

So I have to get this butt into shape and some serious training as from tomorrow morning.
  • Carol..your day sounds wonderful..i'm sat in on my own..it's raining outside and i'm still in my dressing gown but..i have'nt eaten like a pig today

TQ..the best thing about them is they are so easy to clean talking about them made me think about a magazine that i buy over here called Woman's World..it feature's a 'diet' every week. I just dug out an issue and it feature's a lot of women who have lost weight just by using the grill one lost 95lbs! even Barbara Streisand has one (according to the mag..not me ) and she love's it that much that she sent her compliments to George himself I'm starting to feel a bit peckish now so i think i'll throw a chicken breast on mine now.
  • Hello....we had snow this afternoon in Suffolk, but there was not enough at that point to lay or anything unsociable like that!!
    I was interested to read all about everyone's George Foremans..I have often seen them advertised on the shopping channels and wondered if they are really as good as they make out!!

SmilingSal, you sound like you have had a great day and got rid of some of the holiday cobwebs.Is the Schiehallion in the Cairngorm range?Good luck with your mountaineering training!!!
    TQ, I do hope your ear starts to get better soon.
    And WELL DONE to cat90...choccie hob nobs are a BIG temptation....
    !!!Bye all sleep well later!