Alcohol

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • I drank the light Jose Curevo with white Patron while I was on vacation last week. I didn't get sick at all. I did limit myself to 2 drinks. My scale says I gained 1.5lbs. I will see what I am at when I weight in on Wednesday. Right now I am happy to maintain, but would like to get to 130. I don't planning on drinking again anytime soon. I have found since being on IP I can not stomach wine at all. Probably a good thing since in the past I could drink the entire bottle myself. I don't think I would do that with vodka or tequila.
  • can you drink during phase 3
    not sure where to post but trying to find out if you can have a glass of wine or something during phase 3. thanks for the help.
  • Bumping to make it easier for newbies to find. BTW, Ishbel who has commented on this thread, is a maintainer for a few years now... her advice is very pertinent and she is successful...

Liana
  • It's funny, my coach told me that I would be kicked off the plan without any warning if I drank alcohol (assuming I was to tell or they found out)-I had to sign a contract stating as much--I'm not going to drink, as much as I may want a glass of wine here or there, but it is more because I haven't done any cheats...I wish you good luck and if you are to drink, I would only suggest it be in moderation, just in case!! :-)
  • Initially, when I decided to start this program I told my coach up front that I have an event in a month to attend a Wine Tasting Half Marathon. I signed up for this last fall. I am racing with a group of friends and would like to participate in the finish line festivities. Wine Tasting!
    My coach thinks I can phase out of phase 1 before my race. She did not tell me it was okay to have wine, but I do plan on celebrating at the end with my friends (of course in moderation). I know that I will have to reintroduce my body back into keto, but I had this planned before I decided to do this plan. Any thoughts?
  • The only truly "safe" way to drink on IP is to phase out of ketosis. If you are set on the finishline festivities, then do the phase off...especially if you will be drinking after runnng a 5k.

The next thing is to ask yourself if drinkng is that important to you at this stage of your weight loss journey... Sometimes our outlook, priorities and cmmittments can change as we see our body change!