This time is different

• Good morning all! I just wanted to share a little NSV I had last week...

For the past few years, I have spent January through April losing weight and the rest of the year gaining it back (usually plus some). What has always knocked me off track is my birthday. I'll give myself permission ahead of time to have a nice meal and a slice of cake. Then, about a week before my birthday, I'll lose all willpower and go completely off the wagon, reasoning that I'll get back on track after my birthday. Which I never do.

This year, I wasn't really tempted to run amok. My sweetie took me out for a lovely meal (i had venison) and we had a great time. I decided that my gift to myself for my birthday would be to stay on track. And I did!

Have a great week, all.
  • Great job!
  • [QUOTE=dini22;3822446]I decided that my gift to myself for my birthday would be to stay on track. And I did!
    QUOTE]

Congratulations on remaining committed to your goals. You'll feel so much better about yourself the more times you strengthen your "resistance muscle" rather than your "giving in muscle". Best of luck to you.
  • That's a great gift to yourself
  • Yeah they say to never reward yourself with food but like you I have done this in the past..but good job This time for me too is different..I always over indulge and sabotoge myself in the mean time on special occasions but now have the strength and motivation to do this once and for all and to maintain. I have lost 12 pounds thus far and I'm loving Atkins! Good luck in your journey.
  • Great job!!!
  • Staying on track is one of the best gifts you can give yourself. Even though it is sometimes hard to do...it feels so good when you do it! Congrats!
  • Girl, you didn't just gift yourself for your birthday, you gifted yourself for the rest of your life!!! Congrats and keep going!
  • Thanks everyone!
  • ...That was one big hurdle you got over....be very proud of yourself.......