Long shot: Run 200 miles with me?

• I kind of - sort of - really want to run a Ragnar Relay (http://www.ragnarrelay.com) or another similar contest. They are all 200 miles split between 12 (or fewer) people, so you run the equivalent of just over two 10ks over the course of 24 hours, and cost about $100 per person depending on how far in advance you register. There's an option to fundraise for charity, but either way part of your fee goes to the race charity.

It sounds like it would be a great training goal and an absolute blast. I'm thinking of doing the DC Ragnar Relay, and would love to make a team of 3FC-ers and friends on the US eastern seaboard! This is a super random request, but I figure none of my college friends who also enjoy running will be nearby next year anyway, and training/running with people I know over the internet would be just as fun
  • Oh, I wish I was local! I would be SO IN!
  • I'm in
    I would definitely be interested in doing this.. Just started back to running, and this looks amazing (and far enough out to give me time to get back in my groove). I currently live in Virginia Beach, so close enough.
  • NavyWifeDee - awesome!! I'm so glad I'm not the only crazy one. Now we only have to recruit 10 more people -- totally doable.
  • I could do this and I have family not far from the area so I'd be willing to come down... depending on when???

When are you planning on doing the race? If it is a 2011 race I most likely cannot, but I will be getting back to more intense running after Baby is born and I could surely be ready for a 2012 race.
  • Hi!

We're doing The Relay here in the bay area this weekend. It's 200 miles, 12 people rotating. It will be my first time but friends have done it before and had a great time. It's a fun competition for teams from local companies and universities. There was a lot of team fundraising involved (mandatory charitable donations since this is a charity fundraiser), so that took some time. I'll let you know how it goes!
  • I did the Madison-Chicago relay last year. It was a blast!!! The DC one is too far away from me, but have fun!
  • So it was a ton of fun, but boy was it hard to run the last legs when sleep deprivation was getting severe! Still worth it though, we're already talking about doing it again next year.