17 day diet??

• Has any one heard of the 17 day diet?? My soon to be Mother-in-law was telling me about it.. and it seems.. interesting. I found the book cheap on the internet so I purchased it.. It's not really a 17 day diet.. they say you should continue on it.. it has 4 phases and the first three are for weight loss and the last is for maintaince. I don't like to go with fad diets.. but I need somehting that has like a meal plan for me.. However, one thing I noticed is it doesn't talk about excersing a lot.. again I haven't read the book I just ordered it today. I read some where that it wants you to do about 17 minutes a day? Any in put?
  • We have a thread here:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...-day-diet.html
  • Thanks
  • 17 day diet is just another basic diet with a bunch of hype and marketing. If you look at the reviews on Amazon there are a very large number of 5 star reviews where the reviewer has only reviewed one thing ... the 17 day diet. Hmmmmm...

It annoys me that they claim the 17 day diet will speed up your metabolism. Sure it will. Also likely is it will unite our planet in a never ending golden era of world peace.
  • It looks like any diet, eat low carb for a few weeks, then calorie cycle, then go back, basically so your metabolism doesn't get used to anything you do.

Kind of what I have to do now anyways, every few months I have to change things up or I stall then start to gain cuz I get mad lol. I finally figured out to change things up!