Looking for someone else who has roughly 30 pounds to lose

You're on Page 1 of 23
Go to
  • Hello,

I've got a WONDERFUL weight loss buddy who has helped me tremendously! Are there any other people out there with around 30 pounds to lose? I think the more people someone has to stay on track with, the better.

Thanks!!
  • O0o0o me me me!!

Wow- I have seen so many threads posted about "buddies" with similar weight loss goals and NO ONE has ever matched me!
    But you do..

I would love to be a buddy! I have having the hardest time getting the stupid scale to move. I work out twice a day, once at 6am, and then again at 6pm. I do circuit training Mon-Wed-Fri and kickboxing Tue-Thu-Sat. I also count calories (I am at about 1400-1600 because of the intesity of my workouts) and I restrict my carbs to about 100 net grams a day. I am 5'6" 168lbs(this morning) and my goal is 140lbs!
  • I have just over 30 to lose. Just started today....sitting here typing as my stomach is growling!!!! yikes!!! it will be great to have a buddy
  • Yay!

Thanks for replying! Can you send me your contact info? Or do you prefer to keep in touch on this site?
    My other buddy and I do a lot of emailing and even texting.

My scale has started to be incredibly stubborn too! I was just looking at some of my recent posts. Apparently I've only lost about two pounds total in the past month. Ugh! lol

It sounds like you are doing a GREAT job! I'm sure we're both hitting plateaus right now. I'd love to have someone to commiserate with until we're past this. Ha!
    Hope to hear from you soon!
  • Hi HAPPYPT!

Welcome to the site.
    I'm hungry today too! lol

Can you email me your contact info? I'll start an email thread for the three of us, and I'll CC my original weight loss buddy too. She's been a great help!
  • I have to post a few more posts apparently to be able to post my email address! lol..

Ill be back!
  • Quote: O0o0o me me me!!

Wow- I have seen so many threads posted about "buddies" with similar weight loss goals and NO ONE has ever matched me!
    But you do..

I would love to be a buddy! I have having the hardest time getting the stupid scale to move. I work out twice a day, once at 6am, and then again at 6pm. I do circuit training Mon-Wed-Fri and kickboxing Tue-Thu-Sat. I also count calories (I am at about 1400-1600 because of the intesity of my workouts) and I restrict my carbs to about 100 net grams a day. I am 5'6" 168lbs(this morning) and my goal is 140lbs!
    I am in this similar boat!! My scale will NOT MOVE!! I would love to join this!
    I'm on MFP if anyone else wants to join me. I'm online quite a bit during the day, but I am under 20 days on 3FC. I have 20 lbs to loose!!!

((soon 2b ticker)) HA
  • Welcome, everyone!!

We can always post here for a while too!

I'm so excited to see other people with similar goals!

Wendee, I forgot about the posting rules. Sorry! I can't believe how close our starting, current and goal weights are!

How is everyone doing today?
  • How many days do you have to be a member to get a ticker.. I really want one. lol.. ANNND I want to post my progress pics!!

I know- we are so close in S/C/G it is crazy! But it will be good motivation!

I am doing well today!! Just wish I was outstide instead of being locked up in the office! Its sunshiney and warm here!
  • I have about 50 but always looking for a buddie.
  • This sounds trollish... why not just post here??? I would be skeptical about sharing contact info...
  • Good morning, everyone!

Glad to see so many responses!

I'm down to 165 today. Yay!

Wendee, it's been very nice here too lately! My friend and I did a four-mile walk at the park last night. I'm planning on going to the gym after work.

We can all post here, that's fine. No reason to be 'skeptical' - lol
    If anyone would like to email/Facebook, please contact me privately then. Not sure exactly what I did to sound 'trollish' I simply use my email and FB more often and thought it might be easier to keep in touch that way. I'm not sure why someone would think I'm up to something, when I would obviously be reciprocating by sharing my own info and FB link. (Rude!)

What's everyone got going on today? Any exercise plans? What are you all eating today?

I had buckwheat pancakes with bananas for breakfast, and I'll split a Subway veggie sandwich over lunch and dinner. Then probably some fruit when I get home this evening.
  • I had never thought about adding a ticker before. Thanks for the suggestion!
    I didn't realize that I'm half way to my goal today!!
  • me too... apparently newbies cant do as much on here communication wise...but ill join the thread and check in daily!!! thanks!
  • I cant add a ticker yet either