Appetite for Reduction

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Does anyone else have this cookbook? Its by Isa Moskowitz, aka the girl behind the epic Veganomicon and Vegan with a Vengeance. She was diagnosed with PCOS (like me) and hypothyroidism and was a fat vegan, so she wrote a cookbook full of low fat, real food vegan recipes.
    I've always thought that low-carb was the way to go for PCOS but as a veggo I find it just too difficult, especially some of the crazier low-carb diets that seem to consist mainly of meat like Atkins and Paleo. So I'm thinking of using Appetite for Reduction as my menu planner for a few weeks and see how my body responds.

Anyone care to join me?
  • I tested for the cookbook and I have it!! It is great. I have many favorites although I highly recommend the black bean, zucchini and olive tacos. That might be my absolute favorite.

I have PCOS as well.
  • How did you get to test for it? That would be my dream. I have read blogs of some people testing for the new pie book and I'm drooling!
    I'm eating the Sanctuary Salad for lunch right now. So tasty, the herb-roasted cauliflower in this is to die for.
    Will be attempted spaghetti with greens and cajun beanballs for dinner tonight!
  • I saw when she put a call out for testers and I asked to test. I also saw when she put a call out for testers for the pie book but I'm not a pie person plus testing for an all desert cookbook isn't my thing.
  • on the ppk or on facebook?
  • I think she did it in both places.
  • tonight i cooked up the Hottie Black Eyed Peas & Greens and served it with some rice. cant believe how something so simple could be so tasty. my belly feels all nice and warm. we had the Cajun Beanballs and Spaghetti for dinner last night and even my omni boyfriend enjoyed it. going to make Big Fat Taco Salad for my lunch tomorrow in a minute. i love this cookbook!
  • Oh that reminded me of the curried black eyed peas with plantains. That is a really good recipe!!

There is also a vietnamese salad in the book that is really really good.
  • Mmm, I really love that cookbook- some of my favorite recipes are the apple-miso tofu, chickpea picatta, orange scented broccoli, ginger mashed sweet potatoes and apples, and unfried fried rice..

There are so many recipes I haven't tried yet and I really need to start making some new things again, so this has given me the motivation to try a new recipe from it.

Also, there's going to be a pie book from Isa? Oh, dear..
  • I need to use my cookbooks more often so I made Caldo verde with crumbled tempeh. It is zoo good. My husband went back for seconds.
  • tonight was the scallion pancakes with hoisin tofu lettuce wraps and some steamed broccoli. the pancakes were nice but nothing overly flavoursome but the tofu was excellent. i dont think it made enough for 4 serves though.
  • And last night was the Pasta de Los Angeles. Nom nom nom. Though I need to practice washing my spinach better because I could feel the grit as I was eating. I hate that

I havent weighed in yet since I start two weeks ago. I dont think I've lost any weight, but I love seeing that I'm meeting my daily intake (or getting pretty damn close) for iron. I havent done that in a looooong time.
  • I made Caldo verde with tempeh the other day and tonight I'm making upside down Shepherd's pie
  • I bought the cookbook but haven't used it yet - thanks for the reminder!!!
  • I need to get this one too!