IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 29 March 2011

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: I had my 1st wi yesterday after being on the protocol for 6 days. Not bad, I lost 3.5 lbs. and a total of 2.5". I'm most impressed by the loss of visceral fat.

I've been pumping myself up thinking I would lose 5 to 7 lbs. this first week. But as I was driving to my wi I told myself, "I may not lose more than just a couple of pounds. Weight loss is better than weight gain." I had to psyche myself into a different mental state so I wouldn't be disappointed. And it worked!

I have to remember that no 2 people are alike. My weight loss is unique to me and me only. If I compare myself to others who are losing more then I am, I set myself up for disappointment and that's no good. So, I keep focused on me while enjoying the ideas, thoughts, concerns, recipes and suggestions on here.

My 1st week had it's up's and downs. I really miss cheese and pasta! But I can miss those things as much as I like as long as I don't eat them. I've been trying the recipes on here and making up some of my own and so far I'm not too bored. I do still get hungry, today has been a particularly trying day but I'm almost done with it.

Tomorrow is a new day! Hope everyone has a great one!
    Linda, Congrats on your loss. You should be proud of getting through the hardest week. Keep in mind you are starting at a much lower weight the some putting up bigger numbers.Keep it up!
  • Quote: My opinion would be to stay on phase 1 until you lose 90-95% of your goal, phase 2 for at least 2 weeks or until you are maybe 5 lbs under your goal weight, then go to phase 3 for 2 weeks. The reason why I say 5 lbs under your goal is because a gain is expected in phase 3 as your body rebuilds your glycogen resources.
    Thank you for the respons, I guess I will see were I am at at the end of April, if I haven't made it to my 95% mark then I will restart the program when I come back form my Jamaica trip.
  • apple zuccini
    Quote: I just read this and was looking for it in the recipes but couldn't find it? Can you please share how you made this?? Thank you!
    It is now on recipes 2 thanks to Beachbella.
  • Boulder, CO
    Quote: Hi All....anyone out there who lives in the Boulder area of Colorado? I have a friend interested in doing IP and wanted to hear about coaches out there. Anyone live out there and like their coach??
    Hi Mammers,

I live in Louisville, CO which is in Boulder County. I live about 4 miles southeast of Boulder city proper. I go to Rock Creek Pilates in Superior (www.rockcreekpilates.com). It is part of a Chiropractor office called Rock Creek Spine. It is across the street from LakeShore Health Club and very near FlatIrons Mall. I started in October, 2010 and reached goal in early February. My coach was Helene. The food is a little pricey...$30 per box of 7 packets (or 6 RTDs). I am THRILLED with my results on IP. It's funny how often I hear that word in regard to IP. Feel free to put your friend in touch with me. I'd love to pay it forward for someone.

Lynn
  • OK...I promised I would post my take on the "Apple" Zucchini. I made it per the recipe posted on the recipe thread. I used cinnamon, splenda & nutmeg. I added a little water as the zucchini cooks down a lot. I did top it with about 1/3 of a packet of apple cinnamon puffs-crushed.
    It is pretty darn good. Apple? Maybe not but still really good. I love that I can have vegetables for dessert!

Tate...you should try this. Doesn't taste like zucchini.

Lynn
  • Man, I hope the angry passes. Soon. I've been dizzy today too. And such crazy dreams!
  • Quote: Hello everyone,

My Father-in-law passed away this morning in palliative care after a courageous battle with abdominal cancer. He will be sadly missed.

I thank you all for your kind words and support in the days leading up this.

Wishing you all a great day.
    Sorry to hear of you father in-law passing,thoughts and prays go out to you and your family. Good for you, you stayed so strong through such a difficult time
    Quote: Ugh! I`m getting really upset with myself. I keep craving nuts, don`t know why, so I have a couple handfuls a day. I know I can`t keep doing this, or I will slow down my weight loss, which isn`t very much at a time anyway! Not to mention I might kick myself out of ketosis. I did so good up til now, no cheats at all, and now these nuts are going to be the end of me! I`m not tempted to cheat with anything else, just something about the nuts appeals to me. Any ideas how to overcome this???
    I can sympathize our secretary at work bought some bags of nuts for me and my boss on the days we just need a little exta energy. Well thay are there and I tend to eat them, but then I see very tiny amount of weight loss that week. So by cheating with them I am wasting money and not losing weight. The best thing to do is not to have them around at all, don't buy them then you can't have them
    Quote: day 3.5 of my sickness and i still can't seem to eat much of anything. i know that it's really bad to not be eating, but i just can't seem to force it down. i have been trying to get at least 1 packet in a day, and a little bit of vegetables (though not many). my fever finally broke, but all i want to do is sleep and cough. hoping that i'll be well enough tomorrow to actually get some work done and eat some real food.

good luck everyone!!
    I was out of Salt for about a day and a half until I seen my coach, the morning after I bought salt woke up with a real sore throat. Well made sure to put a lot of salt at least the days quota into my water in the morning and within a couple hours my throat felt fine. I was quite surprised, so maybe try to get your salt intake for the day, from my experience I almost think there is some truth to those trace minerals being quite good for you.

Well I hope everyone had a great OP day, I auctually resisted the nuts today. It was a long day, and supper came at about 8: 30 at night. Talk to you all soon.
  • SUSIE B....you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • hope everyone had a great day yesterday. I am in a 2 day meeting up in CT and could not get to the computer to check in with you guys.

Congrats to all WI's and NVS's yesterday!
  • This Thread is now Closed
    Please continue all conversations, replies, etc. on today's thread: Wednesday, 30 March 2011
  • Quote:

Tate...you should try this. Doesn't taste like zucchini.

Lynn
    Thx for the suggestion. As soon as I get some apple puffs I might give it a go!