~~Weekly Chat Mar 28 - Apr 3~~

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Not gonna catch up on personals; once again, I've fallen way behind.

I took out my labret piercing (a lower lip piercing) last night. I've had it for 4 years and even tho I tried to prevent gum erosion by getting a plastic back, it was still happening - just at a much slower pace than a metal backing. So I made the tough decision and took it out. My gum recession isn't nearly as bad as some of the horror pictures I've seen on the net but I just didn't want it to get to that point. I love my labret and the way I look with it but I think I would love the way I look more without missing teeth... bah! I'll just have to make up for it by getting something else pierced - altho I'm kinda running out of room... but I'll figure it out cause I want more lol

I think exercising is becoming more of a habit for me now... I guess it's been about 6 weeks so it's becoming engrained in my head. Still have to force myself on some days but I'm trying really hard since I really really want to reach my forever goal of losing weight. The snow is "finally" melting again and if it stays that way.... it's gonna be jogging time!
  • New to the Bunch
    Hi all,

My name is Amy, I am a librarian, hence the name. LOL. I have working on my weight loss journey for years. When I was 20, I saw some marathoners finish the Chicago Marathon. I weighed close to 170 then, but when I saw how happy those marathoners were, I knew I had to get in the game. I started running tiny distances and working out a bit---maybe 1 mile runs. Now, just today, I ran 4 miles.

Currently, I am 25, trying to exercise for five years, I’ve done some 5ks, and I am planning to do a half marathon in September---it’s been a long road!
    I’ve never been able to get into the whole weight loss thing until recently. I used to drink and smoke marijuana a lot. If any of you have smoked marijuana, it makes you eat everything in sight. I drank probably too heavily.

I had a life changing experience recently. After seven months of marriage, my husband and I realized I was pregnant. However, I had a miscarriage.

I stopped smoking, drinking, and realized that I need to become the woman I want to be now, before I have a child. I need to become the mother and wife I want to be now-- not two years from now when I decide to finally have change.

This life awakening moment has really propelled me. I’m seriously exercising, and I’m seriously losing the weight I’ve been trying to lose. As of today, I weighed 154.8 pounds. I’ve never been able to achieve a weight that quickly, and it’s because I’ve finally decided to make this change, and I’m serious about it.

I can’t be some lame pothead who talks about running marathons, it’s time for me to actually do it. It’s time for me to weigh the 135 lbs that I should, and to look and feel the way I should, the way I do on the inside.
    It’s been quite the journey, but I believe I’m going to lose a lot of weight here, and I’m excited to share this experience with you all. I’ve already met some of you on the Daily Weigh In board.

I have my first 5k this Saturday. My husband is going to film it. I’ll be sure to send the link out to everyone so you can check it out.

Thanks for listening and learning about me, Amy

Miz: congrats on being at 158! Hmmm…that’s annoying when they won’t change their facebook status. How long have you been dating? Three weeks, and he’s talking about buying a house? This guy needs to stop taking the term boyfriend/girlfriend too seriously! I would however, back off with the facebook status. I---personally—don’t think anyone should change their FB status unless you know you will be in a long term relationship. If he hasn’t changed it by the four month mark, that’s not good. But if he leaves it up a 3 weeks, that’ssss finnnnneeeee. After all, even you need to decide if you want to be in a committed relationship too. (Think about it, he might not be as cool as you think he is after a couple months…)

The thing is, in my experience, men are stupid. LOL. They need to be told how to do everything. There is nothing wrong with being a strong, sexy chica who says, “Look man, I know what I want.” You need him to know you have other options. He isn’t your only option, you know? And he shouldn’t be treating you like he’s your only option too. The other thing is that rejection isn’t a horrible thing. I’ve been rejected plenty in life---LOL—but it wouldn’t have led me to my wonderful husband.

Just tell him he’s an idiot, and that you don’t take the term “girlfriend” too seriously. Tell him you call him your boyfriend. The way to explain it, is you are already heavily invested. If it’s a break-up he’s trying to avoid, he’s silly, because with the amount of emotion going on---a break up will still happen---with or without the term “boyfriend/girlfriend”. So just laugh at him when he doesn’t want to be called that, because that’s what he is anyway, right? (And it doesn’t make you psycho to call him that, you guys are exclusive, so why would a playful term like “boyfriend” be a no-no in an exclusive relationship? If he gets defensive, tell him you don’t want to see him anymore. He can’t your loving for free without calling you what you really are: HIS GIRLFRIEND. Erg, men, so silly)

From the Box: Keep up the good work!

Krampus: I know how hard binging is. I think that for me, getting into a “real world diet” ---that’s what I call it, was the key to success. We live life, we eat, we love, things happen. I think the trick is to start eating things you like, and learning how to start liking them. I recently stopped eating ranch dressing and changed to balsamic vinegar. For late night munching, I now have a late night tea. I’ve upped my protein. I research all the restaurants I go to. The key to going to a feast like that, I think, is to eat enough so that no one thinks your “skimping” at the festivity, and then incorporate it into your daily caloric intake. Keep a detailed journal of what you want to eat. Build a mealplan around your days, that’s what helped me get through the dreaded weekend bingers I used to do. When you are prepared and are going to a party, say, I am just going to have a salad, some potato, and I’ll save room for dessert! Leave room for life in your diet plans, we all shouldn’t take for granted this life we have. So incorporate a “real world diet” into your life, one that includes (for example in my life) chips and salsa, a la carte tacos, the best meal options at my favorite restaurants, and the occasional “training wheels” days I have. I have a few days that I leave up to my discretion. When I am not on plan, I have times where I focus on what I am eating in the moment. I learn how to build up from this. One day, I will have to be able to live my life without calorie counting. I will have to be able to go to a party and not eat too much. Training wheels are important. But you’re doing good! Don’t be hard on yourself, it might be better to take some time off, re-evaluate and start over with a new plan.

Rainbowstripe: congrats on the new job!
  • miz: interjection from what I said earlier, don't leave him if he doens't let you call him that, he OBVIOUSLY really likes you, especially if he's talking about a future with you. So don't leave him, he just sounds silly.

One of my girlfriend's boyfriends didn't call her his girlfriend for like six months. She freakkkkedd out. They've been together for a year now, and he's proposing in June. We laugh at him now all the time because he wouldn't call her his girlfriend for those first six months! Sometimes, men just need a kick in the bum to let them know what they know they want.

LOL---so don't break up, just let him know how silly he is being over all this. lol
  • Sweet - I had a manager from another store FREAK out about my eyebrow piercing, and had to take it out for the day... When I tried to put it back in it wouldn't go, so I forced it and it ended up getting really infected. I still miss it

Librarygirl - that's how I gained a lot of my weight :P

----

So I totally had an NSV today. I just bought a pair of size 16 jeans. I'm wearing to them to school tomorrow. I'm SO excited. They're really long, though. I think I got talls by accident. But I'm not gonna complain, they were 10 bucks. Weighed in at 203.2 this morning, and TOM is here, so hopefully I'll get a whoosh next week.

Took measurements last night, and I've actually gotten smaller!!! I thought it was all just in my head, but I'm actually seeing progress. I'm SO excited.

EDIT: Attached a pic of me in my new jeans

• Mom left this morning to go back to America. Last night in preparation for feeling sad about her departure, I made myself a "treat" lunch. I have all the fixings at home to make a giant pot of cheesy pasta covered in carbs and fat, but instead I decided I wanted to make grilled chicken skewers with pineapple and red pepper, with a huge salad to go with it because I need to use up a bunch of spinach and cucumbers.

Turns out I'm not really sad, but my lunch remains delicious. The bright colors and the fact that I arranged them all nicely on tiny bamboo skewers is making me really happy.

Also, mom and I had these at Baskin Robbins last night. They're called "Happy Doll" and you can get a bear or a bunny. We both got bears because the ears are made of chocolate cookies. 230 calories with the highest calorie ice cream flavor!

Continuing to feel sane and happy. I even feel okay about facing the weekend, which is normally a time of "I can't possibly stick to a calorie allotment so I am going to go totally nuts and forget about everything until Monday."

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Laneyy, you're hot! No wonder your bf wants you all the time! That's a great NSV to w00t about, new clothes in new sizes = amazing feeling!

librarygirl111 Wow, your story is, while laced with tragedy, incredibly inspiring. I hope you carry the momentum of your inspiration to be healthy and the best you can be effortlessly throughout your whole life. "Real world" food is a very important way to look at things. I live alone as a foreign teacher in Japan at the moment and I am bracing myself for the crash course of food pushers and suddenly having cheese and high fructose corn syrup in everything once I move back to the U.S. in 4 months.

Sweet, taking piercings out is always a little sad, but there are limitless places to pierce I cut my bangs pretty short this morning and it made me miss my eyebrow barbell from 5 years back. It looked stupid on me but it was fun to play with!

MiZ Thanks for the encouraging words! Water is great in that it's easy to rehydrate after a dry spell (hurhur, stupid pun). Is new Britney all electro/dubstep like "Hold It Against Me?" I kind of love that track.

fromthebox What a PAIN with the blood/plasma donation mixup fail. Ugh! But in 8 weeks you will still be able to help people, every time you give blood you are helping folks. Great work on the 130s, a few Oreos and dessert won't destroy everything!

JLNichols You look pretty little in your photos, woman! Those popsicles sound like magic. Hope you see 132 in the morning.
  • Sweets – that sucks about your piercing! It’s suppose to snow again on Friday…stupid weather is messed with a flick of the switch.

Library – Hi Amy welcome to 3FC. Sometimes it takes a dramatic event to happen for us to realize we need to change. Either way good for you for seeing it instead of continuing down the same path! Also I’m down to 153 :P haha but as for the boy I know, I’m seriously just a nut case I hate feelings and feeling for people so when I do…I freak out and become screwed up. Lol

Krampus – Ice cream bears! Yum. I know what will help you. Have my bank account haha you won’t splurge so much or eat out as much haha. Maybe that’s the only reason why my journey lately is moving so smoothly haha. The new Britney CD is all of that, it took me a while to get into it but there are a few songs I LOVE LOVE LOVE like Criminal and inside out (I think that’s the title of it, if not she says that line a lot in the song haha. Have you hear “til the world ends” it’s good as well.

===
    So I’m a spaze and I freak out because I can’t handle feeling for someone ha-ha Boy came over last night with dinner and bought me a mars bar because I was craving it. So I don’t really know how to deal with this insecurity I wonder if I was always this messed up with guys or if it just became so much worse after my ex. Please note tho I hide it well from him, he hasn’t seen me freak out or be upset much about the whole situation. I try and be calm and collective around him (which I usually am when he comes around just because he is around.) But you guys are right who cares for the stupid status of girlfriend or boyfriend, but at the same time when he goes out does he tell his female friends he seeing someone? I know I know I’m being insecure and that’s something I don’t really know how to fix…Any suggestions? Maybe therapy would help…Or some meds hahah.

I didn't weigh myself this morning I left my glasses in the room and didn't feel like leaving the bathroom to go get them and come back, but I bet I'm still 153 lol. Today is pay day fun times and my teeth are really starting to hurt lately.
  • I am jumping in again! I just wanted to say wow! I love coming here and reading the stories.. the good ones and the bad ones! It gives me hope and makes me feel better about everything.

My son turns a year old tomorrow I'm so excited but so really sad too! I can't believe he's going to be a year old

on the snow subject.. It snowed here (indiana) for an hour yesterday and It looked like a blizzard! I was REALLY depressed and wanted ice cream (ha) but I was at work or I would have had a HUGE bowl of chocolate vanilla swirl. mmm good news is that it melted really fast and it's suppose to be in the 60s this weekend! This weather is SO depressing.

I want summer to get here ASAP but at the same time I don't because I have so much wedding planning to do. ugh
  • krampy - that is the most adorable desert I've ever seen. It kinda looks like a mouse with its ears being so huge. *om nom nom*

MiZ - my teeth hurt too I was eating a protein bar and it was just like my whole mouth was in excruciating pain. I think a trip to the dentist is in order (once I get my new benefits)

----

So my pants are reeeeeally long. Because they're a regular. And they're trouser cut. So... instead of fitting like a regular would, they're about 3 inches too long. And I have nothing interesting going on in my life except pants, since my life is boring. Someone save me?
  • Good morning ladies,

Sorry I haven't been posting. I've been really busy this week, but I've been keeping up on reading the thread.

krampus You seem a lot more happy now that you have taken a break for a while. Just like with most difficult things we can get burned out on weight loss. I'm glad you had fun with your mom. Those Happy Doll sundaes are adorable

Laneyy w00t! I knew you'd be in 16s soon! That's one of the best NSVs to have.

JL You look amazing! I'm so jealous of your ability to drop weight so quickly. Seriously, can you give me your food and exercise plan?

librarygirl It's interesting the things that finally get us truly motivated.

MiZ I might try the direct route of saying "I would like to be your exclusive girlfriend"

rainbow Congrats on the new job!

Well I have an internship!! It's at a psychiatric hospital in the ICU unit! It's going to be very interesting. It's TOM this week so not expecting a drop, but eating has been difficult because I want chocolate like a maniac
  • Laneyy - I have benifits...why I don't go I don't know...haha

Lupo - Yuck to TOM Mines next week. Congrats on the internship!

==

So I forgot to mention last night when Boy was over...he said to me, "You're getting to skinny..." Well that's great you think that but really you need to get used to the fact that I'm thin, have 13 more pounds to lose and I'm going to STAY thin and fit. If that is something you don't like because you prefer curvy whatever girls well the door is right there. Sorry I'm not curvy never have been and the only time I am curvy is when I'm over weight...
  • Andr- I'm in Indiana too
  • Linds Then you probably witnessed the random blizzard we had! I was extremely upset by it. haha!

Miz my boy always tells me stuff like "youre perfect, I need you with some meat on your bones to keep me warm" bla bla its really annoying. They just don;t understand how being a girl and being a thin fit girl is better to us than making them happy
  • the random blizzard was ridic. Of course I had to head out of the office right in the middle of it. My car really needed cleared off, but I refused!
  • Hi ladies, no personals again, maybe next week. Thanks so much for all your well wishes. Things are progressing quickly, thankfully. He's moving out next week Saturday and I started processing my paperwork this morning. I have to finish and go back on Monday morning and after that, it's pretty much just a waiting game. They said anywhere from 6-12 weeks because our state sucks and there are furlough days every other week (every other friday the state offices close) and they're short staffed from all the layoffs. Hopefully it'll be over soon and I can start to move on. For now it's been a little strange, but my friends are taking me out tomorrow so it'll nice to get my mind off things! Thanks again for being here for me, I don't know what I'd do without you ladies!
  • JMKO: I really hope everything goes smoothly for you. Enjoy your night out with your friends.

Linds: Blizzard? EWWW. That sucks!

MiZ: Nice of him to notice your losing weight. But I hate it when people say your getting "Too Skinny!" that drives me crazy.

Lupo: Thanks! I just have been exercising for 20-30 minutes a day and staying on plan within a 1200-1550 calorie range. I am addicted to the lean pockets..they are delicious!

Hey everyone! Start my job tomorrow..pretty excited and nervous at the same time. I really hope I can balance everything. Got the house good and clean so I won't have to do much when I get home and got a 2-mile walk in at the park which was really nice! Other than that w/i at 132.6 this morning. I have been feeling guilty all day because I have been nibbling little bits and pieces of my daughters food and drinks today! Urrgg hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Hope everyone has a great night!