Old 03-31-2011, 09:40 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

JL- what's the new job?
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:39 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Wow, I feel like I'm going to lose touch with all of you guys - definitely won't be able to post while at work anymore, but I guess that's a good thing because it means I'll be super busy with my new position!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello - I just did my first day of training with the girl whose job I'm taking over. It seems like a lot of work, but I find it all interesting - lots of tasks to do, it's just a lot of learning and remembering the order in which things need to be done. I'm going to be super nervous this time next week (or about 24 hours earlier than now) because Friday will be my first day alone in the role - I just hope I'm well enough prepared to take ownership of it fully by then!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:46 AM   #63  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Laneyy Sometimes no news is good news re: feeling like things are boring.

lupo Congrats on your new internship, sounds intense yet rewarding. You're mightier than the chocolate!

MiZ I hate that too, I'm not a "curvy" girl at all except I have a decent waist to hip ratio so I know if someone calls me curvy it means I'm bigger than comfort zone.

jmko Glad to hear things are moving along steadily and your friends are there for you during a tough time, ganbatte!

JLNichols Best of luck at the new job! Exciting times - nibbly days happen, but you've totally got this under control.

I went running for the first time in several weeks yesterday after work. It was a beautiful day and I missed it so much. Fortunately I hadn't lost much fitness despite all the binging and not running, and I was able to keep at it for about 45 minutes with only a couple minutes' total of little walking breaks. Took a new route with lots of hills and watched the sun set. I really love running outside, but my Achilles is screaming at me today so I probably should wait another month before I go again

Today is the first of April which means the first day of the school year/work year for civil servants in Japan. There are a whole lot of new teachers here and we've had meetings all morning. The English department ordered bento lunches and dear lord they were HUGE. I was pretty hungry and these bentos only happen a couple times a year, so I ate all of mine except the rice with no regrets. I am the most heavyset of the female English teachers this year which is a little sad, but I also see it as a lesson in sensible normal eating when I see my 90-lb coworkers cleaning their plates.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #64  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

JMKO

JL
– Good luck at the job tomorrow, I love starting new things it’s so nerve-racking for me anyways.

Rainbow – You’ll catch on quickly and after the first week be like ah this isn’t so bad

Krampus
- I love running outside too, the tredmill is just soo blah, outside world tho seems more challenging and less boring!
==

I washed my car yesterday finally haha, it looks nice and shiny it was a mess that’s for sure. I still have to buy a tire which I’ve been totally holding off, but I have to do it this pay. I think I’m just going to buy a used tire that way I only have to get one and then worry about new tires when Sept hits.

I invited boy over for dinner last night he said he’d let me know if he was coming or not and of course when 6:30 hit I texted him to see if he made it home because his breaks on his car weren’t working properly and he hadn’t text me to say no I decided not to come over. More for me! I over stuffed myself yesterday I refuse to even step on the scale this morning because I know all the salt in take and hardly any water wasn’t going to make the scale number go down.

Thank god it’s Friday today! Sweets and I are going out for starbucks and pizza today haha and who knows I might go to boys later on or just not bother to see him this weekend. I’m in a don’t care mood haha.

I'll get back on track and start going to the gym again on monday. Monday is always a good day to start haha.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #65  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

lupo - Congrats on the internship!

MiZ - As long as you're happy, then it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks. They should be happy with the way you are. I washed my car for the first time this winter the other day and got it all nice and shiny and then realized there were a bunch of weird dents and chips in my hood. I hate that. Highway driving really takes a toll on my poor car. Hope you have fun with Sweets

jmko - I hope you have fun with your friends! Hopefully everything goes smoothly and moves rather quickly. *another big squeezy hug*

JL - Mmmm lean pockets! Congrats on the new job! I'm sure you'll be able to balance everything.

rainbow - are you taking notes? keeping a notebook on everything that I need to do for a job really helps me, and it's a good reference if you don't remember how to do something later on or need to train someone else in the future. I'm sure you'll do fine on your first day alone

krampus - I wish I wasn't curvy. Buying pants is SO hard because my hips are so much larger than my waist. 36" waist, 51" hips. Which coincidentally is that "perfect" 7/10 ratio. I just want to fit in pants And I think I'm just going to keep my mouth shut around him for right now, see if anything changes on my part.

----

It seems like everyone's starting new jobs this week, crazy!
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #66  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

hi ladies
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #67  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to make a quick post and say things went well with the extraction. I'm not in pain, but I have thrown up about three times since getting home. I'm finally not nauseated anymore and I'm sooo hungry since I haven't eaten yet today but I have to wait because I'm still bleeding and need to keep pressure with the gauze. DH went out and got me mashed potatoes from KFC and it's waiting for me in fridge.

I asked about exercise and the nurse said to wait at least four to five days, but a week is best. Which okay with me since I really want the break anyway.

Hope everyone has a great day.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #68  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: 161.6/161.6/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi ladies, I hope you all are well. I'm having issues losing weight. I started at 121.6 lbs and I lost 2lbs and I did overeat a little but I have been on track with my calories and exercise and I gained those 2lbs back and I don't seem to be budging. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If anyone wants to take a look, my food diary is at My Fitness Pal and my screen name is CTK3989.

Last edited by Ekicna; 04-01-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #69  
Joie de Vivre!!

Well, I guess I spoke too soon about not being nauseated anymore. I managed to eat a bit of the potatoes and a small yogurt, but then threw up again about half an hour later. =/

DH is going out for more gauze because it aggravated the bleeding again. I think I'm just not going to eat again today even if I am hungry. I can't take being sick again. Maybe try to sip a vitamin water in a little while.

Last edited by TheBunneh; 04-01-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:17 PM   #70  
Becoming a BEAST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBunneh View Post
Well, I guess I spoke too soon about not being nauseated anymore. I managed to eat a bit of the potatoes and a small yogurt, but then threw up again about half an hour later. =/

DH is going out for more gauze because it aggravated the bleeding again. I think I'm just not going to eat again today even if I am hungry. I can't take being sick again. Maybe try to sip a vitamin water in a little while.
I hope you get better soon.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #71  
Joie de Vivre!!

Ekicna Thank you.

I took a peek at the last few days on your diary and the thing that stands out to me is lack of veggies. If you haven't been going over your calories often my guess is the gain is from sodium and lack of water maybe? Or maybe you have over estimated your exercise burn? I don't know, sometimes weird gains happen. If you tweak here and there (add more veggies, less processed food, more water, etc) and just keep staying in your calories I think it should start to move again. Sorry I wasn't much help. I hope you figure it out.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #72  
Becoming a BEAST!

Thank you, I know I have been slacking on veggies lately. Normally, I eat tons.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #73  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Rainbow- congrats on the new job! I am so pleased for you, you must be stoked. Hurray! Dont worry about getting your head around things, I'm sure you'll catch on quickly, and I agree a note book is a good idea- or just writing things down when you get home or something.

JL- congrats on your new job too! Balance is really hard at first but I'm positive you can do it

lupo- congrats on your internship! I think its going to be super interesting

krampus- that dessert is sooo cute! And only 200 odd calories?? It is like heaven!

librarygirl- welcome amy the librarian! Good luck for your 5k!

Sorry the personals arent longer! I really have to clean my house though xD
I've finally started to feel settled in, in my internship and like I kinda know something about what I'm doing lol.I've got back onplan with eating and exercising which is awesome. I did a 10k run last weekend and hurt my back and hips, I went to my doctor and he was like, how much do you run normally? so i told him around 8.5k, and he was like hmm maybe you should cut back. Ha yeah right, like that is going to happen. I went and saw my PT and he was like, its probably your hip expander flexor things (ok he didnt actually say that but i cant remember the real name) so we did the work out and a huge stretch at the end (hip muscles are so painful to stretch!) and I felt almost instantly better, and I still feel better 3 days later. And i havent filled my prescription for anti-inflammatories Maybe I will be a bad patient and not pick it up :P
Apart from that, my sister got her first full time job which is exciting, i got my car warrant and service and wheel alignment which was good...apart from that business as usual i think

Oh i got a 3D DS! The 3Dness is really awesome. Let me show you my pokemons
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 178/171/140

Height: 5''0

Hey ladies!! just popping in to say I hope everyone has a great weekend!! I am totally exhausted from work this week! LOL (I teach Preschool age children).

I am ready for a peaceful night with my husband watching "Criminal Minds" Season 2...I LOVE this show!!!
MrsCLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #75  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

So today is my last day at work. One of my managers already said it was his goal to make me cry today. We'll see how this goes...

Also: Freakin' 201.8 today!!!
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote