Introducing myself

• Hi everyone--

Thought I should introduce myself since I want to go back to the Mediterranean diet I had tried previously. I've never posted here before, but I have been active in other sub-forums on 3 Fat Chicks.

I'm kind of washing out of Atkins right now, so I'm looking for something that gives me some control without allowing lots of sugar or refined bread/pasta. I think a Mediterranean diet will be healthier and more sustainable over time. The studies backing it up doesn't hurt, either!

I have the book "The Mediterranean Prescription," so that's the version I'm following. I imagine it will be pretty similar to the other Mediterranean diet books out there.

I was also curious -- is this a relatively active sub-forum or have most people left? I noticed there aren't many recent posts since February.

Thanks, happy to meet you all
  • Hi Laueliz, and welcome! I find the Med diet to be excellent and pretty easy to follow for the long haul.

This is not a very active group, unfortunately! A few different people come and go. If they all came at the same time, we would have an active group!

I have not heard of the book you mentioned, but I will check it out!
  • I also enjoyed the Sonoma Diet last fall. Best wishes!
  • Hello out there?
    Anybody left?
  • Hi
    Hello!

I'm just starting the plan. I used it last summer with great success, but I gained the weight back during the school year (I'm a teacher).

I'd love it if this forum had a lot of activity!

Good luck to all of us.
  • I'm also new here and also following the Med. diet. I typically eat like this anyway (at least, a vegetarian version of mediterranean eating) -- my problem is the snacking in between meals and not exercising enough. Thanks for the book mention, I will look at that.