The numbers take a while to sink in.

• I was keeping up with my weights by journaling them here. Then I started journaling to myself through email. There's just so much beyond weight loss for me to obsess about these days! So I started putting my weight at the top of the journal.

I just looked back and it would appear I fluctuate 30 pounds from day to day. 174 here, 147 there! I thought it was a one time mistake, but no. I did that several times and often the mistaken 174 was with a "yeah!" or some such.

So funny! 144 today, so a little harder to mess up.

Does anyone else do that? I've been in the 140's for a good month now, so I'm not sure just how long it takes. I was in the 170's back in maybe September, so apparently six months!
  • Yes! I keep reversing the numbers too - when it was 146, I would see 164...and so on and so forth. It's funny how now that I see 143, I never see 134! haha It's hard to wrap your mind around it. I also find it hard to wrap my mind around sizes at the store...I always bring back a L to try on and then wonder why it's too big. I had to go back 3 times for pants the other day, to finally get a size 6 which fit...I can't be a size 6, it's just mind boggling!
  • Sizes I'm not struggling with as much because I'm still a medium on top. I actually pick them up and think they'll be too big, but no...they fit. I swear I am not that big on top, but the smaller you are, the smaller designers think you are in the chest. Just like the larger you are the larger designers think you are in the stomach.

I always do a double take on the scale too!
  • Sadly, I do the opposite. When I see 186 I think 168. I'll get there eventually, but it sucks when I realize my real weight!
  • OMG! I am so glad I am not the only one who does this! LOL My biggest issue lately has been clothing sizes too. I have been in a 16/18 for the longest time. And even when I was losing weight I still tried to pull off wearing those sizes. It was only recently when I bought my first pair of 12's. I still have trouble remembering I can wear them now. I went shopping on Saturday and pulled a few 16's off the rack. And I had to return a couple pair of large tops that I didn't bother trying on because I assumed they'd fit.

But don't get me started on the bras. I'm still in denial that I am smaller there now too. :-(
  • Eliana on having less than 10 LBS to Go! It must feel Awesome.

I'm finally in the 220's but since I was in the 240's so long I keep thinking I still weigh in that range.
  • Quote: Eliana on having less than 10 LBS to Go! It must feel Awesome.

I'm finally in the 220's but since I was in the 240's so long I keep thinking I still weigh in that range.
    Yes, you have been on a roll!! I am so proud of you for leaving those 240's in the dust! It seems to really be clicking for you and I'm so glad! I bet you are having trouble with the number.
  • I have more than once said that I weigh 237 or 2-whatever instead of one. It seems crazy, but I started with a two for so long, I guess.
  • Quote: I have more than once said that I weigh 237 or 2-whatever instead of one. It seems crazy, but I started with a two for so long, I guess.
    Yeah me too! I mean it's been over 14 years I've been 2 something. It's just so hard to get a grip on.