Just joined and a little scared!

• Yep! I did it...i just now joined Weight Watchers Online...i'm REALLY excited, but at the same time, i'm terrified. i'm so scared that this will just be another diet that i will FAIL at. The website seems great though, but there is SO much information, i'm trying to devour it all. i really hope that this works, i almost see it as a last resort, and i hate that feeling too. On the upside, it IS super informative and hopefully it is also supportive. Plus it's nice to know there is a board here if i need help because at times it does seem a bit overwhelming (kinda don't get the whole "Activity Points" yet). *sigh* At least this gives me the added motivation i so desperately need...i hate myself, and just can't keep living like this any longer.
  • If you follow the plan, you WILL lose. It's very simple and very cool. Don't beat yourself up, you'll get to where you want to be in time. Remember to reward yourself along the way, for achieving small goals. Don't use food as a reward! Good luck on your journey! Welcome!
  • Hey there

I joined 2 weeks ago after having hit a bit of plateau (I lost like 13lbs and then yo yo'd around the same three lbs for about 6 weeks!) and I'm loving it. It's a great plan, and I'm really enjoying it. Plus I've been eating nearly all my weeklies and still losing! (2lbs a week).

Have to say I prefer these 3FC boards to the WW boards. Good luck and keep posting.

X

ps - what's confusing you about the Activity Points? perhaps someone can here can advise you? X
  • I think WW works especially since it is fairly easy to stick to it. It is so flexible it fits into any life. At least in my experience. Usually people don't even know that I am on a diet.
  • Thank you ALL! I really DO believe i will enjoy this because it IS so flexible...i just have to stay within my numbers.

The thing that confuses me about the activity points...is it that you get extra eating points the more working out you do? or is it just a way to keep track of your workout?
  • You earn points based on the intensity and duration of the workout. There is a formula around here I think somewhere if not you can google it
  • Your activity points can be used for food. They are only good during the same week that you did the activity though...so if you get 6 activity points on Monday and don't eat them during that week, they can't be used the next week. I think you have to change your account settings if you want food points to be subtracted from the activity points.
  • Congrats on joining. I find WW a very easy program to follow that deliver results. I'm sure you'll do great, and enjoy the journey!!!
  • Good luck. It can be slow progress but is so worth it