daily weigh in's at home

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I can't stop weighing myself everyday at home, I'm getting obsessed with it . I feel like if I don't I will get off track. Does anyone else weigh them selves every day?
  • I weigh myself everyday but I've never let the number get me off track. I honestly use my home scale as a tool to see how different foods affect my body. Last night I went out and had mexican food, today my scale shows a 2lb gain but that's due to water retention from the sodium.

I don't see anything wrong with weighing yourself everyday as long as you're not letting the number dictate whether or not you're going to stay on track for the week or give up completely.
  • I have been frustrated this week since I have been on point and working out hard and I gained 2 lbs. I am going to assume it is water retention due to the workout but it is hard to not see the scale go down.
  • Quote: I can't stop weighing myself everyday at home, I'm getting obsessed with it . I feel like if I don't I will get off track. Does anyone else weigh them selves every day?

Oh my yes, i have been doing this and i thought i was going insane and becoming absolutely obsessive about it all. I only started a month ago but i am so frightened that this is not going to work that i keep stepping on the scales at home. I see all these fluctuating numbers... all over the scale. The only problem is that when i see a lower number i am absolutely ELATED and happy as all heck and i have an awesome day, but then when i see higher numbers i am so upset and i have a horrible day. So i really let the numbers dictate what day i will have. I see higher numbers and i am so disapointed in myself. Looks like your doing friggin awesome tho!!! so keep it up
  • Me- keeps me accountable.
  • Keeps me in check as well to weigh myself alot but l let too much of my life be consumed by the scale. I live and die with the number Trying to get past that but it's hard!
  • I do as well, except for the weekends. The only one I actually count is my Friday weigh in, that's when I update my ticker here and record it on the WW website. It helps me to have a day that counts, otherwise the fluctuations would drive me mad. I am pretty lucky though, I don't fluctuate all that much unless I eat pizza or Chinese food
  • I weigh in every single morning and write the number down in my tracker. Sometimes it can be frustrating to see the daily changes, but it has become valuable as I know how things like working out and sodium effect my daily weight.
  • Yep, I am obsessed as well. Drives me crazy but I still keep doing it.
  • Well it makes me feel better knowing I am not the only person obsessed

Jelma - I do not change my ticker either until my weigh in at WW on Saturday. My weight is always different at home but not by much.

MercuryBlue - Thank you . I am very proud of myself.

I am really hoping to hit my 5% mark this Saturday!
  • If you can't handle the normal daily fluctuations, don't get on the scale more than once a week. All you are doing is sabatoging yourself.
  • I do! I just like to know that I'm headed in the right direction.
  • I weigh daily as well. Keeps me on track. I only "count" Monday weigh-ins though. --you're not alone.
  • Another daily weigher here! Heck, a lot of times I get on once in the morning and again at night, just to see the difference. After doing it this long, I am used to the fluctuations from day to day and don't get freaked out over them. But keeping an eye on the numbers helps me stay on plan and feeling in control.

The only weight I actually track though is the one from my weekly meeting weigh-in.
  • Blueeyes, oh yes, I've started doing it everyday after I lost my first 5lbs, lol. I totally understand on the 5% mark- I'm SO close to it too!
    I just started resistance training on Monday and saw an 3lb increase on the scale. Apparently after some googling, it could be water retention in the muscles or something from the resistance training so I am trying to think positive and hope I get to it by Tuesday-only weigh-in I count/track.

for all of us!