I've discovered Ceasar dressing!

• I love ketchup. Bunless burgers aren't really low carb if you smother them with ketchup. I decided to try some Ceasar last night, and it was fantastic!

Anyone else have some good tips? I'm still in induction.
  • Mmm, I love summery food. If you miss things like potato salad, you could make a couple of bunless burgers with a low carb broccoli salad.

You could make a jalapeno burger...season it, grill it, top with some pepperjack cheese and jalapenos. Maybe some crushed red pepper. Burgers are also good with sauteed mushrooms and onions on top.
  • blue cheese dressing is also good on a burger.....you could also find some non sugar ketchup which is lower in carbs, they make one that has agave sweetener in it...that also has carbs but not as much.
  • Avocado is great too- it's got very low net carbs cuz of all the fiber
  • Loving the ideas!! Thank you!
  • I love ketchup too!!

I tried some low carb ketchup last night (heinz reduced sugar). It was pretty good. Each tablespoon is a carb though. But I just put that amount on my plate then dipped my cheeseburger bites into it. My idea if that sucked was to make sure I always had a tomato and use a tomato slice each time. The other idea was to use canned tomato sauce, if you look enough you can find some that are only 2 or 3 carbs for a 1/4 cup and I wouldn't use THAT much on a burger. But the low carb ketchup worked for me! My hubby likes to put ranch dressing on his burgers when he doesn't do onions and mushrooms to top them.
  • Are we allowed Caeser dressing, Chiken caeser salads are like my staple diet. But i thought i wasn't allowed the dressing.
  • Quote: Are we allowed Caeser dressing, Chiken caeser salads are like my staple diet. But i thought i wasn't allowed the dressing.
    Pretty much any full fat dressing that is 1 or 2 carbs per serving (usually 2 Tbsp) is allowed on Atkins.
    Chicken caesar salads are a staple for me, minus the croutons of course
  • I tried the ceasar dressing on a couple bunless burgers yesterday and loved it! I usually just put mustard and cheese on them...
  • I have been struggling lately staying within the confines of my Atkins plan. I realize IU have to get back to basics. I got some low carb cookie and brownie mixes and while a little bit would be ok, I overdid..so I decided now I cant bring those into my house for a while-until i get better in control. Anyone else ever struggle with this? Support appreciated.
  • Quote: I got some low carb cookie and brownie mixes and while a little bit would be ok, I overdid..so I decided now I cant bring those into my house for a while-until i get better in control. Anyone else ever struggle with this? Support appreciated.
    I find anything like that, artificially sweetened or not, will push me towards a binge.