Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2001, 04:10 AM   #1  

Default Countdown to 250...14th August and beyond

Welcome to all who come by. We are a welcoming and fun group providing support, encouragement and motivation.

So grab a glass of water and join us! We look forward to chatting with you.
Old 08-14-2001, 04:57 AM   #2  

well, I dont know what I did, but I just had one one those 'lost my post' experiences....grrrr. I think I just took too long about it and got timed out.

Anyway, I would love to know where to get and how to attach the movey-pics that Maggie and Geri put on thier posts sometimes, then I could have made the welcome message a bit more sparkley, but I hope it suffices for now.

My 'lost' post was a long whine about how much my knees hurt today. I really hope that when I am lighter some of the stiffness and low level pain goes away. I want to be able to sit cross legged on a chair again.

Last night I went out for a pizza, which according to my WW Eating Out Guide was only 11 points, which meant I could have it and still be OP! That was wonderful. And today I am off out to do some exercise, maybe a bike ride! I bought a basket which I have attached to the handlebars - it cost more than the bike ! But that is because the bike was so cheap.

Oh Bunny I am so sorry that you had such an awful experience at the meeting. {{{{{{bunnyhug}}}}}}. i feel the same about my meeting in lots of ways. I really hope you find another meeting which is better. Well done on the loss though - you are doing really well with the programme, and I am always so impressed and jealous when you talk about going off for a hike! I hope you find another meeting soon. i think they can be useful.

Maggie, well done on the loss! 3 pounds! Brilliant!

Canadian - wonderful loss too! and I would NOT say that it is due to the monrning/evening thing - you worked hard and you got what you are wanting! Good for you!

I WI tonight so I will let you know how I got on this week. I have been OP all week, but i seem to have been eating a huge amount. We will see.
Old 08-14-2001, 07:48 AM   #3  

Lilacglitter, thanks for starting the new thread. You did a marvelous job! Hope your knees stop aching. Perhaps you've been doing a bit too much exercise to start off - the bike should be good though (non-weight bearing). Keep up the good work!

P.S. I've attached a little something at the bottom of my post. Hope you like it.

Bunny - Congrats on your WI. I'm so sorry that your first meeting was unpleasant. You really need to find another meeting to attend. They can be so motivating and uplifting. I know what you mean about everyone else have only about 20 lbs to lose. It's kinda like that at my meetings too. However, our group leader has lost 70 pounds and everyone there is so caring, accepting and supportive that I feel quite comfortable going there. I think meetings are very important. In the meantime, you're doing great. Keep up the good work!

Maggie, congratulations. You are such an inspiration. Right now I'm thinking you're kinda like the Energizer Bunny - you keep going, and going, and going. WTG!

Canadian, what ball park is your daughter playing at this weekend? Not to brag or anything but - Ottawa is a beautiful city with so much to see and do. You're going to love it (if you have time to see it what with the tournament and all). If you get a chance, take the boat cruise along the Rideau Canal. It departs from (I think it's?) the Plaza Bridge (right by the Chateau Laurier Hotel), goes down the Canal all the way to Dow's Lake then returms. It's a lovely ride and a beautiful area. Hope you like our city.

Well, I weigh in tomorrow so I'll post again to update you all then. I've been having a pretty good week so I'm optimistic! See you then.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful OP kinda day today!
Old 08-14-2001, 09:03 AM   #4  

Well, I'm a little less whiny about the meeting today than I was yesterday. But not much. We live up a ways in the mountains surrounding our valley. The meeting I tried to attend yesterday is about 25 miles from my home -- and its the closest one. They hold three different meetings each week at that location in addition to the all day Friday weigh-in without a meeting that I usually go to. The other two meetings are at times that are very complicated for me to attend (we have regularly auctions we attend at those times) but I'm gonna try to make one when I'm all done being whiny about this meeting. When I lost the first big chunk of weight, I had a great leader. She left, I left, I plateau'd and quit until now. Meetings can and do have great value -- but I'm not clear where I'm gonna turn next. I know that Asheville (the largest city in my neck of the woods) has meetings - but I'm not terribly familiar with the city and its 50+ miles away in any case. Bah. I'll figure it out -- just trying to get rid of the excess whines today.

On a lighter, brighter note - the weather looks simply charming today, so we're off on another picnic hike a bit later this morning or early afternoon. We'll end up walking Water Rock Knob again -- its steep, steep, steep -- but with a beautiful pay off at the end. Plus there's nothing that tastes as good as whatever you packed to eat once you get there -- something about exertion makes the food taste yummier, ya know?

And I've fallen hard for the Atlanta Bread Company Pumpernickle bread. 2 oz for 3 points -- and dang, if it is worth it! WOW! I'd never been to this chain before -- so that's where my girlfriend and I ate yesterday. I bought a loaf and brought it home to try and locate the points information on the 'net (I found it at Dottiesweightlosszone (I think I got that right!). Yum.

Lilacglitter -- what a lovely job you did starting a new thread. I'm not sure how you find/attach pictures, but I bet someone who knows will explain. On the scary topic of Pizza ... wow! I can't eat just 11 points of Pizza -- so for now, Pizza is a taboo food in my home. I think when my kids get back, we'll do Pizza 'cause we can split the pie four ways which makes is not quite so horrible. If hubby and I ordered now though, we'd have 1/2 a pie each -- which is decidedly not within my point range! I envy you your restraint.

Diane -- I'm glad you're having a good week. I am too -- its kinda nice, eh?
Old 08-14-2001, 11:59 AM   #5  

Good Tuesday Morning, had a busy day, yesterday, but stayed OP! Even had an OP drink at the concert which was fun; (concert, that is). Went to bed at around 2 a.m. which was too late on a "school night." Seems like I just went to bed and then it was time to get up for work. Ugh! It is difficult being at work today I've been eating more fruit which is abundant at this time of year. The pleasant weather continues to hold so I have been trying to get out more and walk. Oh dear, I have not borrowed the dog in too long and, having said that, will make sure that I walk with him tonight. Hope that he won't be holding a grudge! Ladies, hope that you are enjoying your day and have a good OP one. Cindy

lilacglitter, thanks for starting this thread. You did a fantastic job. I'm glad that you had fun at the jazz festival. WTG on having some OP wine with your music! Are you a cat ("moggie") person? I have two. Say, good luck at weigh-in today.

Bunny, I'm so sorry that you are having difficulty finding a good meeting. I am not a big meeting fan and do the At-Home program. Listen, you just keep up the wonderful job that you are doing. 4 pounds gone forever! Only you are responsible for that great loss. Give yourself a pat on the back, girlfriend. You done good!

Brenda, congrats on that whopping 4.8 pound loss. And you were worried! Let me tell you, your hard work is catching up with you and the results are registering at the scale. Glad that you are off to a great re-start.

Maggie, congratulations to you on your big 3 pound loss. Maggie and Maggie's plan are successes. Your hard work is paying off big time. Can the new car be far behind? Take care.

A big hello to all of my friends out there, hope that you are having a great OP day and some cool breezes.
Old 08-14-2001, 12:00 PM   #6  

Oops, Diane, didn't see you there a minute ago. Glad that you are having a good week. Hang in there. Your hard work will reap big rewards. have a good one.
Old 08-15-2001, 08:46 AM   #7  

We're headed out of town this morning and will gone through Saturday or so. I'll miss y'all. Its gonna be a challenge staying on program while traveling these several days -- but I figure I can do it. Plus, we'll get a LOT of walking in, ya know?

Be good to yourselves -- and have fun!
Old 08-15-2001, 11:39 AM   #8  

Well, I lost 1.5lbs this week. I wanted more! But at least it is in the right direction, and that makes a total of 7 since starting, so that is a better way to look at it.

Yes, Cindy, I am most definitely a cat person! We have three - Baldrick, Nursey, and Madge. Baldrick is HUGE, mostly white with some black. Nursey is tiny , and she is a tortoishell, and they are both 13 years old. Madge is 9 years old, black with white socks and bib, and very beautiful ! I have recently bought her the most expensive collar imaginable (in a sort of raspberry colour with silver studs) and does she look cool! She likes to just sit in the window and show it off to all the passing Toms......I must have a word with her about the Facts of Life......!

Baldrick has just been in hospital to have some cancerous bits removed from his ears - white cats get affected like that. He is making a good recovery. We have found a new vet who is young and enthusiastic, and seems genuinely caring about the animals.

Ceasar salad with garlicky chicken breast for tea (low fat dressing of course, and i guess no croutons..... ). I did my bike ride today. Oh I just must tell this funny story.....I decided to cycle to my WI yesterday. Now I am relatively new to this area. I cycled there on the main roads, and it was just about as far as i wanted to go. Then I decided to take a 'short cut' home. Yup, you've guessed it, I got lost. And then when I did come out of the housing estate I was lost on I discovered I was about a mile and a half from where I thought I was.........eeek! I certainly had to test my bike endurance! But at least I now know I CAN cycle two miles if I have to!!

Good luck to everyone
Old 08-15-2001, 06:39 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Greetings Ladies,
Well, it finally happened. After losing 33.5 lbs in 9 wks on the 10th week I stayed the same. I kind of expected it cause I've lost a lot of weight in the last 4 wks, so I'm not going to let it bother me. I was OP all week so I know it wasn't anything I ate. If it stays cool in the evenings I will be able to walk more this coming week. I stayed at the low end of my pt. range too so this week Im going to try to eat more to the middle. That's where I lose quickest. It was just SO hot last week that I didn't want to eat a lot.

LILACGLITTER: 1.5 Lbs is just about a perfect weekly weight loss. BE HAPPY! Keep pedaling an don't get lost. It's an awful feeling, I know!
We have 2 cats (Mr., 11 yrs and Tory, approx. 5yrs.) Both were strays that arrived and stayed. Mr. doesn't have a lot of love for Tory, who arrived last summer. Mr.'s always picking on Tory and it's fun because Mr. is small and trim and Tory's goal in life is to become the fattest cat that ever lived. He always watching out for Mr.'s sneak attacks from his favorite spot in the kitchen, next to the food dish! But he won't extend any effort to defend himself.
We also have 2 dogs a Cocker (Amer. Cocker to the Brits.)anda Pointer. The meangerie does keep us busy.

BUNNY: Have a great, op trip!.

CINDY: I'm gona walk the pointer, Sarah Bernhart, as soon as I'm done here. I'm so sorry strawberry season has come and gone. It's my very favorite fruit. Now, I have to wait for the apples in our orchard to ripen. I can taste that applesauce already. Mmmmm.

Gotta go before it gets dark.
Old 08-15-2001, 09:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default This is a huge post!!

Wow, I'm trying to catch up on posts from August 9th on. Don't mind me if I respond to something you've already answered. First I started with the old post then have been working backwards which sometimes answers my own comments. I'm totally confused!!

Not sure what I've been doing but just haven't taken time to sit at the computer at home. DH is very kindly making a big salad and BBQ chicken while I spend time here to get my post together. He is very supportive of me when it comes to my 3FC friends.

I went to WW meeting tonight (different night than my usual Monday) and I was much happier. I did a maintain but that's my fault. I really liked this leader tonight better than the one on Monday. On Monday, she's nice but a bit low-key. I may switch to Wednesday nights.

As for the house, I'm slowly unpacking as we need things. I sure haven't been highly motivated like I was to pack and move.The camper business is still going well but we're going to have a self-imposed slow-down for a week or so until the Labor Day holiday weekend. I'm about ready to close up for the winter!!

I haven't been doing too badly with food. I did fall on my face with ice cream over the weekend. That and DH has gotten into this habit of going to the fried chicken place after church each Sunday. But I start over each week. Last night I was actually able to bank 4 points. I'm really concentrating hard this week on keeping my points at the low end of therange. For some reason I'm having a little trouble adjusting to losing two points off my range.

I'm still walking the dog and spend a lot of time playing with and training him. We had week two of dog obedience school Monday night and he was just all over the place. I was wore slick by the time that hour was over. At least he keeps me from sitting and eating!!!!

Heard about "skinny cows" at WW meeting tonight, what are they and are they good?

Lilac - Thanks for the tips on the tuna steaks. I'm going to try them again but with more flavorful stuff to go with it. I've jotted down your marinade to try. How's the bike? I'm fixin' to get ready to get mine out to ride around the new neighborhood. I just need to find where I packed my helmet and such!! Thanks for starting the new thread. Maybe we can all watch and start a new thread when it gets to around 20 posts. It shouldl load faster for everyone and print faster too. Some threads take 20 pages to print! Congrats on your loss!! I always want to see those big losses and its a bit of a disappointment when its lower BUT a loss is a loss!! Your kitties sound so cute. I chuckled about your bike experience. I've done that and had to argue with myself about what my alternative was....lay down and hope someone picked me up or get myself home.

Cindy - Hasn't it been great that the weather broke some? Good job with the Subway last week. I finally tried the veggie sub after my doctor saying that she wasn't going to give up her 12 inch veggie sub for WW. It was pretty tasty other than needs some protein to go along with it to keep the brain functioning. We have a George Foreman grill and just love it. It does a great burger (DH raves about it and he's a meat freak). Lunchtime walking is great. The dog is probably mourning the loss of his evening walks (guilt, guilt ). My heart goes out to you for having to face your aunt in such a difficult situation. But, what you are doing for her is so great. At least she still has family to care for her and she's not alone. How was Russell???

Geri - Making wonderful sounding food again! How was your trip with your mom? What great wisdom from your old leader. Now if we could just have that emblazoned on our foreheads!! Your job does sound like its more than full-time. Do you ever sit down???

Maggie - Looks like you are back in the groove of your plan. I love the fairies too!! How's all the sorting and packing going? I hear you about taking notes on the thread. I had gotten so far behind, I've had to print them out at work to read and catch up. But I love all the activity.

Bunny - Congratulations to you for your four pound loss. That is great. How was your walk up the Blue Ridge Parkway? Its sounds very relaxing. And another beautiful sounding walk you have planned. I need to come to your neck of the woods for a vacation. What a great deal on the pampered chef pan. That is a bummer about the meeting. Keep looking; a good leader can make a world of difference.

Brenda - Good for you for making yourself accountable again it looks like it paid off with that fabulous loss. Congratulations!! Sounds like the cold is running rampunt through the family. Hope you all recover soon! How did your DD's softball tourney go?

Diane - Good to see you posting again and having OP days. Its hard sometimes to come here and post when you're feeling a bit down. But that's when friends are needed most.

J-Ann -A very belated congratulations on getting your key chain. That is so great. At meeting tonight, one of the other ladies got her keyring and it was so cool when the leader hugged her in congratulations. What a thrill it must be!! You have done so great on your losses; maybe your body just needed to take a break and therefore the maintain before it readjusts.

Here's the tuna steak recipe I tried. If anyone has any ideas on how to jazz the salsa up, I'd appreciate it. I did make note of all the other suggestions to try as well.

Tuna Steaks with Avocado Salsa

Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins

1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 tablespoon balsaic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon firmly packed light brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 (10 ounce) can drained mandarin orange sections
1/3 cup each chopped tomato and chopped avocado
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tuna steaks (about 1 pound total)

Cook onion and garlic in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high 4 minutes or until onion is softened. Stir in vinegar, sugar and red pepper. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in oranges, tomato, avocado and lime juice. Meanwhile, coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Add tuna and cook 4 minutes per side. Halve each steak and serve immediately with salsa.

195 calories per serving; 3 g fat, 2 g fiber
Old 08-16-2001, 05:14 PM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I'm BAAAAAACK! It was a long drive, but I'm back. Food was decent. The weather was great. I went to WI before I left and was down 1/2 pound! Not alot, but down!

I hope I am able to catch up with all of you and didn't leave anyone out.

Bunny: Congrats on the 4 #'s. Woohoo for you! Congrats also on biting the bullet and hitting that meeting. I'm sorry it left lots to be desired. I hope the other meeting times have different leaders and you will be able to find one to fit your schedule.

Melissa: I'm glad you liked what Frank said. It has come back to me several times during difficult moments these past few days.

J-ann: That was good about the second taste not being any better than the first so you don't need more than one. I will have to remember that!

Cindy: Isn't this weather break wonderful! Go get that pooch. He's probably been waiting for you.

Lilacglitter: Congrats on your 1.5# Good Going!!I like the dishwashing liquid story. I also heard that when you finish with dinner, you should dump your water into the plate, that way you won't be tempted to pick at what you left. Your cats sound wonderful. That bike ride was really something. You did a great job on the new thread. Here are some websites for the pictures. www.deco-page.com, www.animationfactory.com, www.millan.net/anims/minis/minimations.html When you find one you like, just right click on it. Save it to a disk and you can put it anywhere you want, here, e-mails, etc.

Brenda: 4.8#! That's wonderful!!! Hope your daughter feels better to play ball.

Maggie: 3#'s Woohoo! Sounds like we are all going in the right direction!

Diane: Good luck with your WI. Thanks for the new welcome sign.

Gotta run. Going to a Billy Ray Cirrus concert tonight. Wish me luck fitting into the seats.

"Live every act fully, as if it were your last." - Buddha

Last edited by thinthinker; 08-16-2001 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:54 PM   #12  

Good Thursday night ladies, it is a pleasure to stop by here to chat and take a break from all of the messy financial/legal/medical maneuverings with my aunt. Things got very complicated, very quickly late yesterday afternoon, and I've been going non-stop since. Went to bed at 4:30 a.m. today and then got up at 7:30 a.m. I'm wired and running on pure adreneline at this point. Nothing but bankers, and lawyers and doctors [oh my!] today. Tomorrow will be more of the same. Still, despite the agony of it all, we are making progress and things will get better. Right? Well, a bit of good news, I weighed in this morning and I'm down 3 pounds! It was a nice gift to say the least. Well, I'm going to keep it short? today and try to get some rest before Round 2 tomorrow. You all have a good OP Friday. Cindy

Geri, welcome back. Congrats on that nice 1/2 pound weight loss. Looking good, kiddo. Glad that you had a nice trip to Wis. Oh, I am feeling guilty. The borrowed dog wanted to walk with me tonight when I stopped by my parents' place to drop off some papers, but I was just too tired. He quickly accepted some biscuits as a bribe/peace-offering. We will walk soon. I promise!

Terri, yes, yes. I am feeling guilty about poor borrowed dog, but his time is coming soon. Glad that you found some good meetings. You are doing a great OP job! Nice going on the dog walking, playing and exercising. Why, he's an all-in-one exercise machine! BTW, Russell was great. Very handsome. Energetic performance by the band. Are you a fan?

j-ann, hey, you've done a wonderful job and your maintain is a success! With Sarah Bernhardt by your side, you will continue to lose! Loved your description of your cats, Mr. and Tory. They sound like a lot of fun.

lilacglitter, congrats on that wonderful 1.5 pound loss. You are knocking down the pounds, left and right, girlfriend! Loved your description of your cats. Madge must be the envy of all the girls with her fabulous raspberry collar. Has she heeded your warnings about the facts of life? Wow! Nice going on the extra-long bike ride. You rose to meet the challenge and came out the winner. Good job!

bunny, hope that you have a great time on your trip. Enjoy the walking, but be good to those feet.

to all my other friends out there, hope that you are having a good OP evening and some great weather. Stay strong.
Old 08-17-2001, 05:30 AM   #13  

Hi everyone ! Its Friday again - yippee! I am working from home today (hmmm, well, messaging you ladies.....but the spirit is there). Tonight I have a friend coming to dinner and to stay over and we are going tomorrow to Wisley, which is a big garden owned by (I think) the Royal Horticultural Society. We want to see the roses, and also we are going to take our paints and pastels and do some drawing (or as I prefer to say, in true 6 years old style, 'colouring' as i cant really draw very well but I love putting colours on to paper!! ).

So I have been obsessing about what to cook her as she is my first dinner guest since starting this journey of 1000 miles (or 120 lbs!). I have decided to roast a chicken with tarragon (it is not super hot here today) and serve with garlic and parsley mash potato and fresh runner beans and spinach with nutmeg. And for pudding, if I can be bothered I will do a fruit compot with a crumbly topping of ameretti buscuits and grape nuts - I found a recipe in a fab book called 'low fat desserts'.....if I do it and it works I will share the recipe!

So...I really am a bit obsessed! But I think that is ok for now.

Terri - Well done for banking some points - I think its a great thing to do. Its sometimes hard to know exactly how many to eat each day, I find. I am quite stuck in the mentality of 'less must be best' but of course this programme does not work like that. I am still learning with it. Oh, and I think 'skinny cows' are those women at parties who shun the canapes and the desserts and run off with your partner while you are perusing the buffet..... No! No! what would my therapist say to me typing such venom....! I will have to do penance for my wicked thoughts.....

Cindy - Oh that stuff with your aunt sounds so hard. good for you for going for it. And down three lbs is just fantastic!!! All your hard work and committment (and going through those subway struggles!) is worth it! And I do hope that Madge has been heeding my warnings, but I fear she has been staying out all night a bit recently....all night parties! I am hoping its just a phase.

Geri - glad you had a good trip. Thanks for the tips on pics - I will check them out and see if I can make it work!!

J-ann - Eeek! the plateau! but it sounds as if you are taking it in your stride. So long as we are on the programme we are on track, as you say, and so good luck with hanging in there with it. I laughed about Mr and Tory having a war....., and Mr coming out better. Its the small cats which are often the most tricky in my experience!

And a big hellloooo to everyone else. have a good friday, drink your water, and cherish yourselves.
Old 08-17-2001, 09:44 AM   #14  

D'ya know, this was the first place I went on the web when we got back? Nice to be home. Our trip was lovely, lovely, lovely. Long drive followed by lots of short drives and shopping. We literally filled the station wagon; I'm not sure we could have fit even another packet of peanuts, much less any merchandise, by the time we were done. Yowsa! Staying on program worked better than I'd expected - we had an early falling out over so Polish Sausage (my husband and I both enjoy it immensely but I'd forgotten my points book, so I declined). He ate it, enjoyed it, then said, "You didn't mind, did you dear?" Evidently my look said that I did mind. We talked over lunch (Taco Bell) where he said that he'd try to be more supportive (instead of his usual order a chocolate shake, fries and burger while I have grilled chicken salad stance). So far, he is. Sure, its been a whole day and a half -- but I made him get on the scale earlier this week because I though perhaps he wasn't aware of where he was - and now that he's aware, he may be more motivated to be supportive instead of undermining. (Sorry for the babble -- it was a relief to talk to him about this so I'm sharing).

Anyway -- my business is doing well; I had a record number of orders while I was out of town. It was lovely. Today is given over mostly to order fulfillment and catching up on life. Oh, and cleaning new stock (my husband deals in retrogaming supplies, so that's what we were shopping for yesterday and the day before).

j-ann -- its WONDERFUL that you have a plan for stayin' connected to your body and your goals even while dealing with (what must be) a frustrating plateau. Way to go! Walking in the cool of the evening is one of my favourite things.

Determined to succeed -- Skinny Cows are (evidently) an ice cream sandwich that's low in points (something like 1 or 2 per sandwich). We don't seem to have them in any grocery store in my area, so I can't be sure I'm right. On the other hand, I rather like Lilacglitter's definition! LOL!

Geri -- I hope Billy Ray was swoon-able.

Lunacat -- rest up. Sounds like you'll need some strength before you're done.

Lilacglitter -- forget the recipes -- just come and be my personal chef, okay? I'm a dreadful cook -- hate to do it -- and desperately want a personal chef. Just like Oprah.

Y'all be good, have fun, and live fully today, okay? See ya later!!
Old 08-17-2001, 06:03 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! I've done well today. Stopped at White Castle and had 4 of their little burgers, 3 points each. I also had 2 apples. We're doing a steakhouse assignment tonight. I think I'll order grilled salmon or tuna, whichever they have.

The concert was great! The best part was my butt fit in the seats! Woohoo! Now at least there's one place I don't have to miss out on anymore! Billy Ray was great! Aaron Tippin is a little too 'twangy' for my taste, but he does put on a great show!

I was busy on the road all day. 2 'bra jobs' and a recall visit for swingsets. Busy, busy.

Terri: Skinny Cow's are indeed ice cream sandwiches that are only 2 points each. They are a fairly decent, satisfying size too. Not all flavors are available everywhere. We only had vanilla and chocolate here, but today I checked I found mint and swirl. Woohoo! They are yummy!

Cindy: Down 3#'s! Good going, girlfriend! You've sounded so unsure of your program lately. See how wonderful you really are doing?!?!?! Good for you!!! My heart goes out to you as you struggle with your aunt's estate. All of the paperwork is sooooo frustrating. Have you all decided what to do with her living arrangements. Is she at home or with one of you, or is she at the point for a facility? That is a wonderful source of guilts! When it comes to it, try to remember that it is for her own good and safety. [[[hugs]]]

Lilacglitter: Having a houseguest sounds like great fun! Have a wonderful time! * I loved your version of Skinny Cows! You had me rolling!

Bunny: Your adventures sound like alot of fun. I'm glad your DH is becoming more helpful! That is really encouraging!

Sorry, but I don't remember who asked for the French Fry recipe, but here it is.

Spicy French Fries

These are crispy, completely delicious and totally fat-free. In fact, we'll bet you like them more than the deep-fried fast-food variety.
Makes 4 servings

2 large baking potatoes, cut into thin strips
2 egg whites
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (optional)

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients; toss to coat. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake until the potatoes are barely tender, about 15 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to broil; broil until crispy, about 10 minutes. Serve at once.

Per serving: 73 calories, 0g Fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein, 12 mg calcium.

Points per serving: 1

Tip: You may want to omit the pepper if your chili powder is hot or if you're not a fan of spicy foods.
Note: You may have some eggwhite left in the bowl, DO NOT pour it over the fries, throw it out.

Gotta run. Almost time to go out. Love to all.

"The merit of an action lies in finishing it to the end." - Ginghis Khan

Last edited by thinthinker; 08-17-2001 at 06:07 PM.
Closed Thread