I survived the last couple of days

• No sleep for 24hrs straight. About 4hours of sleep in 48hrs. A funeral for my cousin yesterday, and graveside right after for my uncle. I had fast food once, some chocolate, TOM..... This last week was one of high stress, it seemed like my life was put on hold.

I caught up on some sleep today, but my brain is still foggy and recovering from all of this stress.
  • So sorry for your loss and yikes, 4 hours of sleep out of last 48 hours?! I hope it will be a better week for you starting tomorrow.
  • Quote: So sorry for your loss and yikes, 4 hours of sleep out of last 48 hours?! I hope it will be a better week for you starting tomorrow.
    Thanks. I'm hoping things are better too.
  • Sounds horribly stressful! BUT you got through it!

Stress like that really hits our bodies hard - hope you can get some good sleep time and relaxation.
  • My condolences. Don't worry, sometimes putting the stress of losing weight on the back burner is healthy and keeps you sane. Anyone here is going to tell you that this is a very stressful process and adding in an event that you just went through is going to make this a millions time harder. Take time to grieve, when your ready, you'll be happy to tackle weight loss again.
  • Thank you. Yeah, I saw lots of family that I hadn't seen in a long time. Being called fat stuck out in my mind as far as comments. I did get compliments that I looked good, but the one that stuck out was being called fat I think a couple of times. One man walked up to me and my sisters and was like look at all of Patty Cake's(my mom's nickname. I think she said they named her that because she liked playing the game as a kid) fat girls.

The things you remember.
  • Ugh, some people are just dumb. I'm so sorry that happened. I really hope you don't let it bother you because that would be giving them power over you. I would have punched that guy!
  • Quote: Ugh, some people are just dumb. I'm so sorry that happened. I really hope you don't let it bother you because that would be giving them power over you. I would have punched that guy!

I know. I had a look on my face when he said that. I'm like whaaaa???? Is that the only thing that could come out of your mouth? Sometimes people say the dumbest things.