I rode a bike!

• Last spring my husband got in to bike riding. Hes a fit guy anyway and he was riding 8-10 miles a day, riding to school, the store, what have you. I was on my own workout journey and he asked me to ride with him but at 300+ pounds I was way too intimidated to get on a bike.

This year he has been pressuring me to ride with him. Weve had a week or so of really nice weather and yesterday I just did it!. My first time on a bike in 17 years. I was super scared.... but I got on, went down the road and back to get my bearings and then we rode 4.5 miles together! He was so proud and man, so am I.

It was really great, Im glad I did it and cant wait to do it again. But man, my butt is sooooore.
  • Yay!!! I'm so happy for you! Riding a bike hurts my bum too!
  • That's so fantastic!
    And, as far as the bike seat, I bought what I like to call my "Big Girl Seat." The thing's like the size of a pizza box and looks positively hilarious. My husband likes to joke about it and my family gives me a hard time, but I figure, let 'em. At least my tush doesn't hurt after a 20 mile ride
  • awww jonesie...that is awesome!! i LOVE my bike!! your tush will get used to the seat in no time!! riding in the wind is oooooo exilarating!!!
    keep riding my friend