Job interview tomorrow! Question..

• I'm interviewing for a posistion at a gym tomorrow and I'm kind of at a loss of what I should wear.
    I know the proper guidelines for interview attire but is this different since the interview is at a gym? Should I be more casual than business?
  • Hrm... that's a stumper!

How about black or khaki pants, a nice shirt, nice flats and accessories?
    Because while you probably don't need to be in a full on suit, neither do you want to show up in sweat pants.

A.
  • Thats what I was thinking...I know a lot of people who work at this particular gym chain so I know what the uniform consists of (black yoga style workout pants, issued gym tshirt or jacket and sneakers) but I dont want to show up in workout gear. I also don't want to be too overdressed since its a more casual gym.
    Its so funny, what to wear is my biggest concern haha
  • Dress to impress - it's still an interview.
    It's better to overdress for an interview rather than appear too casual. An employer will always appreciate a well-groomed individual and the effort that requires. This is true for even the most casual of environments (ie fast food).
    What position are you interviewing for?
    If it's for a hands-on type position, perhaps you can bring a bag with some workout wear and shoes in case they have an "on the job" component to the interview.
    Good luck!
  • Oh oops I forgot to include that...Its for a front desk position. I definitely want to make a good impression because i'm hoping to get into the company through the front desk job so that when I get my personal training certification in a few months I'll already have contacts.
  • It's still an interview and you should dress with full interview attire- it doesn't matter if it's a job shoveling poop- you still dress to impress.
  • I agree with the others....dress to impress!! Microsoft or gym, no difference.
  • I would wear a cute, dressy outfit that makes you look great. I wouldn't wear a pantsuit or anything, but I think a cute skirt/pants, a nice top and heels would be great.
  • No dangly earrings and don't chew gum and no perfume.
  • You don't wait to wear a suit to this interview. Even though you're dressing to impress, it's way outside of the range of the company.

Here's a nice sample of photos of things to wear for "non-professional" (AKA non-office) jobs. http://jobsearch.about.com/od/interv...w-Attire.--2T/
  • Thanks so much for your input/suggestions ladies!
    I just got home from the interview and...
    I was hired on the spot!
    yeyy!
  • Hooray! Congrats!
  • Congrats!

A.
  • Black slacks, white dress shirt works everytime. As everyone says dress to impress, even when I have an interview at a fast food place or whatever for something part-time I make sure I look good even if I'm over dressed because I become confident and really confidence is the key to getting what you want!