Shopping at home!

• Today I went shopping and found the cutest dress! It's a floral in pinks and purples on a black background. The cut really enhances an hourglass image. It fits me so perfectly all I could do when I tried it on was dance.

I found it in the too small bin in my own closet. I bought this dress 5 years ago as a goal item to motivate myself and was never before able to wear it. I also now have 3 new good suits, one with slacks and a skirt, 3 pairs of casual slacks (one is a little big ), a nice LBD, and a dressy blouse. This is my last too small bin. The remainder of the bin is 2 dresses and 2 pencil skirts.
  • Awesome Sea!! I can't wait until I can go shopping in my closet, I have a seriously cute wardrobe about 2 sizes down from where I am now. You're an inspiration and this post is just what I needed today, thanks!
  • Fabulous!! I did the throw-it-out-cause-it-ain't-ever-gonna-fit-again thing just before finally making this work! LOL! So I haven't been able to do that. But I sure wish I could.

It is the best feeling, isn't it?
  • Congratulations!
    Shopping in your closet is a fun experience! I am smaller than I have been in my adult life so I don't have any more "previously worn" clothes to try. However, I have bought a few things on clearance so that I have something to shoot for!
  • I love the analogy! I too have clothes that I'm dying to fit into. Most are clothes I kept that became too small (some never worn). What a fabulous victory! WTG!
  • I love closet shopping!!! I've got a few more things to go, and then I'll have to buy new things. Fortunately, my little sister used to wear 18/20s, and at Christmas, I inherited whole group of her shirts because "they looked like they'd fit soon". I thought she was blind, but darn it if she wasn't right.

I actually wore one of the 18/20 shirts today with a shrug covering the snug spots. I have to admit that I'm pretty excited about it.
  • What a great feeling!

I kept two pairs of jeans, a size 10 CalvinKlein and a size 12 Liz Claiborne; everything else, including many items of clothing with the tags still on, went to charity. I have moved the jeans down from storage to my bedroom closet.

I wish I had kept more, but on the other hand, I really felt a great relief by getting rid of all the items that did not fit. I hated seeing beautiful clothes in my closet that I could not squeeze into, which is why I put the jeans in the attic.
  • Rarr and Everyone - Thanks for all the encouragement. Together, we will enjoy the happy moments more and more often.

Eliana - I'm making a pile of things larger that I'll never go back to. I'll share some with my sil, and the rest go to charity. You'll be buying a NEW wardrobe to enjoy!

time - I always keep at least one motivational piece to work toward. My dh laughs at the size 8 swimsuit hanging like a store display on the shelves in our spare bedroom. It is directly in front of our treadmill. When I'd like to quit working, it keeps me moving.

Gale - Is that smaller wardrobe warm weather clothes? You'll be there!

AZ - Don't you love those happy surprise moments!

Monica - Have you tried them on lately? You might get a sweet surprise!