On Plan Thread 2/6-2/12

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Well, my progress has been far from ideal, but I'm holding it together. I made cookies with the kids yesterday and of course sampled some (two exactly, 276 cal total ) but everything else was on track, supposedly, and I cut out a few things non-necessary things (dark chocolate and nuts) to compensate... ugh. I was starving later! Proceeded to keep grazing into the night. Just for laughs, I added up the calories for the day - 1918. Not horrible, and the grazing choices were on plan, but still... I'm not proud of my lack of control... It was a good reminder what sugar + white flour can do... I had consumed plenty of calories by the time I had dinner, but then was too hungry to go to sleep.

Another day, another plan.
    Phase 2

B - black coffee with skim milk. Smoothie with kefir, protein powder, fruit (strawberries and blueberries) and spinach. This has been the best choice I have made recently!
    GYM
    L - out, but I will aim for something like a salad or veggie stir-fry, depending on when we go. Unsweetened tea.
    S - Greek yogurt with some red grapes.
    S2 - 1/2 banana with peanut butter
    D - homemade pizza on ww crust with black olives, onions, spinach, tomatoes and roasted red peppers. Big romaine lettuce salad with flaxseed dressing.
    dessert - ONE glass of red wine
  • I'm planning on making cookies with the kids tomorrow -- not looking forward to that monster staring me in the face.

Felt like a moron at chair dancing this morning. mama just ain't coordinated enough. I could never make it as an exotic dancer. One of the moves was to have your SO sitting in the chair, and then from behind throw your leg over their shoulder...DH is REALLY tall and even when he is sitting, his shoulders hit above my hips....so, that move is out. I think DH and I would both be in giggling fits during the entire charade.
  • Phase 2

B: protein smoothie (protein powder, amazing green choc powder, nf milk, frozen banana, 2 frozen strawberries, spinach)
    S: 15 almonds, V8
    L: butternut squash soup, salad
    S: veggies and hummus
    D: salmon, cheesy broccoli bake
    S: nf greek yogurt, blueberries
  • Oops! forgot to post yesterday

Yesterday
    B-green smoothie
    L-leftover almond chicken soup
    d-chicken and veggie stirfry w/ soba noodles and peanut sauce

Today
    B-ww toast w/mashed banana and almond butter
    S-broccoli w/ ranch dip ("pig out" day at work, which means I have to walk by a table stacked with baked goods every time I hit the coffee machine. I could hug whichever colleague brought the veggies!)
    L-leftover stirfry
    D-Staying in for date night. Steak, cremini mushrooms stuffed with ricotta, spinach and sundried tomatoes, sweet potato "fries" w/ tofu ranch dip
  • Ooh, UNT, those mushrooms sound fabulous. basically just mix ricotta, spinach and sundried tomatoes, stuff them and roast? You're such a creative cook! I love looking at your daily menus.
  • Aw, thanks Zef That is exactly what I did, but I threw some feta into the mix too. They turned out to be quite tasty!
  • Saturday Phase 2
    B: kefir, omlette with cotija cheese, avocado and cilantro, whole wheat pita
    L: cheese stick and almonds, small beef jerkey (ate at 711)
    D: kale and mushroom gratin, 1/2 chicken cutlet, hummos and low carb chips, carrots, wine
    PP: decided not to count points on the weekends, just eat on plan.
  • B-green smoothie
    L-probably scrambled eggs with spinach and leftover ricotta filling
    D-Steak and eggs a la Hubs

S-Attack of the PMS Chocolate Fiend
  • Phase 2

B: protein smoothie (same as yesterday)
    L: salad, Wasa crisp bread, rf swiss cheese, deli turkey, rf blue cheese dressing
    S: apple, peanut butter
    D: chicken barley soup, green salad
    S: greek yogurt, blueberries
  • 1: off-plan breakfast, + fruit
    2: subway (wheat bread, turkey, lots of veggies, mustard, no cheese, 6"), water
    3: orange
    4: braised chicken and swiss chard, brussels sprouts