W.O.W Valentines Day Challenge Week 5

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Week 5 here we go!

Lets get moving, and keep our food under control!!!

I got myself a treadmill on Saturday. This way DH can workout before or after work, and it will take some of the challenges I feel facing myself after work.

I've been home sick now two days in a row. I hate having my blood sugar all whacked out. Eating carbs at night is helping my Blood sugar, but not my weight loss. As long as I am healthy I okay with it.

W 80 oz
    E 2 sets of 35 minutes on my tread. I cant go to the gym since I am home sick, but I can walk on the treadmill!
    E 1500 cals. 15-30 carbs per meal
    D taking it easy.
  • Hey ladies -

Ugh they've forecasted more snow and freezing rain for tomorrow - I'm so done with it! Doing good, we go for our official 20 week ultrasound on Thursday morning. Foods been decent, I have my good days and not so good ones, still holding around 172 so hopefully we'll stay there for a bit.

Jeni - hope you're feeling better soon! Enjoy the new treadmill

Hope everyone has a great start to their week!
  • emily & mother mavis. i will be thinking of you the next time i walk on the beach. lol its so sunny today but i dont have the time to go to the beach. so much to be done..
    Jeni.. i hope you get better soon.. but hey the treadmill isnt so bad..

I have not been doing too well i totally blew it with binging this weekend. i swear when i start to make a dent in my weight i sabotage myself and get flown back to start.. i have a new charater on my signature to help keep me honest.. im gonna be giving it all i got.. my bday is coming up soon and i want to see my numbers lower than they were last year..
    w 64++
    e 3 miles
    e 1200
    d wash clothes
  • Hello All!!

Finally got back to Zumba class last night after being sick for so long. it was a really good workout and I got my weights in. we had freezing rain today so my boss told me to go ahead and stay home! YAY! But the gym is open so I may just bundle up and go ahead and go work out - it will be deserted so all the machines will be for me!! i am holding steady at 246!!! I think I need to increase the amount of calories I am eating, I find I drop a bit more weight when I think I am eating badly - very weird.

JC - i wish i could fit a treadmill in my apartment, but it is the size of a postage stamp, I hope you feel better, and yes being healthy is much more important.

Tiara - hang in there!! you have come sooo far! you can do it!! When I have bad days when I feel like I am doing horrible, I put on a piece of clothing that I wore when I first started, and when I see it hanging off of me I feel better and my motivation goes back up. *hugs*

W - 64oz+
    E - heading to the gym, probably the elliptical
    E - might increase to 1600-1700 not sure yet
    D - take a nap this afternoon
  • willsangel.. thanks i think ill do just that. i have a duffel bag full of cute , new inspiration clothes. my deal with myself is when i hit my 10 pound goals i can start using what ever fits(nicely). im a shopoholic and when i see the sales i go nuts even if its not in my size.
    i buy it because i know one day ill be able to fit it..Thanks im gonna get it out and go through it ... i almost forgot about it..

Today is a beautiful dayand im loving my scale. i plan on going walking and attempt some jogging. i Acomplished all my weeds yesterday.. how all is well with everyone..
  • Boys have returned to college. Their Mother is struggling with it.

About 6 inches of snow today. 18-24 more for tomorrow. I hate winter.

Going to be perfect with food and exercise tomorrow though

W 100
    E 10k steps
    E POP
    D Focus on the good
  • Hi ladies.

So the good thing about having a treadmill is that I can workout whenever I want. The bad thing, I get easily distracted. Yesterday was my normal gym day, but I skipped the gym because I was working on my house. I got on my treadmill, but It took me 3 times to make it to 30 minutes. I just have to remember it is still me time.

W 64 oz
    E 35 minutes
    E 1400 cals
    D find a balance at night with carbs.
  • jeni.. im like that too.. i love the treadmill because i can log everything down to the calories i burned. But i must admit i take more breaks then i would on a outside mile..

Where is everyone i miss the chatter...

Well i did good to day . i stuck to my plan and got my exercise in before 11pm. it helps too when you you have the day off of work..lol
    w 64
    e 3 miles
    e 1200
    d get in some sun
  • Good note, the second storm was supposed to drop up to 2 feet and stopped after one, so that was good. More this weekend though...

W 100
    E 10k steps, been sucking on this the last week, probably directly related to my stall, ya think??
    E OP, not so hot here either
    D Choices girl, choices!
  • Morning ladies, weigh in day for me:
    PrePregWeight: 164.0
    1st trimester (5-13 weeks): 165.4 (+ 1.4)
    14 weeks: 167.0
    15 weeks: 169.0
    16 weeks: 169.4
    17 weeks: 169.8
    18 weeks: 171.0
    19 weeks: 172.4
    20 weeks: 172.2 (+8.2)

Had our 20 week anatomy scan this morning and our she is still a she Now, unfortunately I'm off to work Hope everyone has a great day - it's almost the weekend!
  • Emily im so excited for you....

Mothermavis and jeni.. Hi

Ok now im off 2work.. stay warm guys..
  • UGH!! the state of texas is coverd in a sheet of ice, only 4 of us made into work yesterday so I was there from 5:30 am until 8:00 pm, when i came home i went straight to bed. Today I workd 5:30 am until 3:00 pm and i am still wiped out. Didn't get to the gym yesterday, but did belly dancing video and today the gym is closed. Did good on my weed yesterday

W - 96 oz
    E - work, work, work,
    E - 1489 calories
    D - do not go homicidal

WEED for today

W - 16 oz - I am way behind, in fact let me go get a glass
    E - at 800 calories, still have dinner and a snack to eat
    E - stretching
    D - get a good night's sleep

Tiara - you will be surprised at what fits and what almost fits, that is such a motivator

JC - do you listen to an ipod when you are on your treadmill? that may help you remember that it is your 'me time'

Emi - YAY for you!!!

MotherM - *hugs* hang in there, the snow cannot last forever!!
  • Fly by.. . .Weights ok, blood sugar okay. Tommy really sick. Taking care of him. I will post after he is asleep.
  • Hi guys.

So since I added in more carbs, my sugar levels have steadied out. And I have even lost about a pound so I feel good about that too. I love my treadmill, but it is not replacing my gym. But it has eased up my after work stress a bit. Tuesday and again today I wont make it to the gym because Tommy has such a bad cold I cant take him to the childcare room. Next week when he is back in school I will get back to my old routine at the gym!

Makenna's first basketball game is tomorrow, it will be interesting to say the least, they have only had 2 practices.

I'm in full disneyland planning mode, got my tickets and hotels reserved. We are driving so I am getting plenty of entertainment stuff for the kids. We will spend 2 days driving down and 2 days driving back. I have side of the road scavenger hunts, bingo, portable DVD players, color books, nintendo DS's, Ipod touches (yes gifts from my father, they love them!) Mak will have 5 days worth of homework to do, plus writing in a journal every day. I also have workbook sheets for My Tommy.

I should be able to post when I am there, but only briefly. Of course its 5 weeks away so we will be in a memorial day challenge then!

W 80 oz
    E at least 3 miles on the treadmill!
    E 1500 cals
    D clean up and sanitize Tommys room.
  • JC OMG how FUN!!!!! Road Trips have come such a long way since I was little, all I had were books, mad libs and the eye spy game!!
    I have serious cabin fever - roads are horrid so I have been in the house, Sam has been home from school all week but he is outside today in the snow.

W - working towards 64 oz
    E - gonna try and do an online exercise video
    E- 1500 cals.
    D - keep on swimming!