Healthier Buffalo Chicken

• I just made a blog post about this, but I thought some of you ladies might enjoy it as well. It goes really well on a multi grain sandwich thin with a slice of FF cheddar

4.3 oz. cooked boneless skinless chicken breast (chopped into chunks)
    1 Tbsp buffalo sauce (I use Frank's)
    1/8 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt (I use Oikos)
    1/2 tsp ranch seasoning and salad dressing mix (Hidden Valley)

I put all of that into my magic bullet and turned it on. I let it go until it was very well blended. This made 180g of buffalo chicken spread, which for me is 2 servings. The nutrition info for 1 90g serving is:

Calories - 112
    Fat - 2g
    Saturated Fat - 1g
    Carbohydrate - 2g
    Fiber - 0g
    Cholesterol - 52mg
    Sodium - 349mg
    Calcium - 111mg
  • sounds so yummy thanks!!!
  • Mmmmm buffalo chicken! Thanks for sharing!!
  • OMG this sounds fabulous! Thank you for sharing! I want to try this NOW lol.
  • Sounds great!!

I am going to have to try it. I am from Buffalo and moved to Florida.

Using breast is much healthier than wings are. Have you tried boneless thighs?

Larry,
    -------------------
    It's so hard when I have to, and so easy when I want to
  • I love buffalo wings...mmm might have to try this.
  • That sounds delicious, thanks for posting!
  • Similar topic.. Alternative to Hot wings.

I love hot wings but of course I needed to find a healthier way to get my fix. I put a boneless skinless chicken breast on the George Forman Grill and half way during it's cooking time I cover it with Moore's buffalo wing sauce. When it's done I cut it into strips and have a side of celery sticks with 2tbsp light ranch. It totally works and cures my craving.

Also sometime I use 2 tbsp light ranch and mix in a spoon full of buffalo sauce to dip my celery and carrot sticks into . So good and I get that kick like I do from hot wings. Hope this helps someone else.
  • I do almost the same Nikki! I grill or bake my chicken breast, and I put buffalo wing sauce on after. It is delicious! I love the spicy-ness of the chicken, and you get more meat then on a chicken wing.