Binge Free Challenge: 1.10.11 - 1.16.11

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Hi ladies,

May I rejoin this challenge? I was doing well for a while, and then I feel off the wagon completely and stopped posting (hangs head in shame). I have been binging about once every two weeks, and I just feel so miserable about it. have not gained weight, because I have been great with exercising.

I just had a horrible binge day yesterday, so I am at zero days binge free right now. But you have to start somewhere, right? I wrote a vow to myself that I am going to read every morning when I first wake up: I think that, combined with the posting and community here, could really help me. You all are so inspiring!
  • Today is Day 98!!!

Spingirl: Welcome!! Don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone falls off the wagon. The important part here is that you have picked yourself up, dusted off, and are back in the game!!

We are glad you're here and look forward to your posts!

Day 1 is the hardest and you are going to ROCK it!
  • Day 11.

Springirl, welcome back Gotta start somewhere, just like you said. I had about, oh...two weeks worth of "Day 1"s and "Day 2"s before I stuck with it. Takes some practice. And one binge every two weeks is not that bad--that's a lot of days with no binges!
  • Day 5 already. It's very hard to stay away from the cookies. I've been munching on them all day. it's funny that before I could eat one or two cookies and then put them away but now it has to be all or nothing :/ Totally sucks.
  • Eurydice- Thanks, I hope you don't get sick too! Stay well
    missunshine- It was all or nothing for me too, for over a year. I avoided buying any food I liked, now I'm finally getting out of that mind set & am able to buy stuff I like and only have some, not all. You'll get there, it just takes time.

Day 21- still don't have my appetite back, it's getting better, but not completely. I didn't feel hunger once today, I guess that's a good thing. Also, i think your stomach shrinks when you don't binge for a while, it's not all stretched out from eating too much all the time. So naturally you can't eat as much or you don't even want to eat as often. They say your stomach is only as big as your fist, so imagine how far you stretch it when you binge. Now that's scary!!
  • Fruitlady--glad you're feeling better! I got a severe sore throat for 4 days (finally better today). I finally lost it yesterday and totally would have binged if there was junk in my apartment. As it was, I ate some pity raisin toast and got a hold on the situation emotionally soon after.

Day 15 and feeling human again
  • Thank you for the warm welcomes, vixson and eurydice! Your posts made me feel much less discouraged. Today was a good day -- no urge to binge whatsoever. I really wanted to restrict myself to make up for yesterday, but I know that is part of my pattern. Instead, I ate a healthy three meals, and just listened to my body for a change!
  • Ugh, I am so horrible about checking threads! Just thought I would pop-in to say that I finished Day 6 today . I can't remember in any recent time that I have gone a whole week without bingeing. I had a couple pieces of pizza when I was slightly *ahem* tipsy the other night, but I am not counting that because I didn't have that empty, emotional feeling that I get with bingeing. Everytime I have eaten this past week, it has been because my tummy rumbled a little bit!!!

Springirl- welcome back! You can do it; each day is a brand new one. I just recently pulled myself out of a 7 month binge and overeating streak (not kidding), so you can do it too. Hang in there!

Vixsin- whoohoo! Almost 100 days!

missunshine- you can do it! And day 5 is awesome!

fruitlady- congrats on 3 weeks! Hope you feel better; it is no fun being sick . And that is weird about the stomach thing. I remember the first time I binged after being free of it for 2 months and how much physical pain I was in because my body wasn't used to being stuffed.

zizania- congrats on the 10 lbs! You are exactly 10 lbs less than me lol and cheers to day 16 coming up.
  • Hi Springirl Glad to get the opportunity to know you you are so right - there is a pattern to bingeing -

This is my day 1 yet again - I went off the rails yesterday. Hope I can make it through today
  • Day 10. I don’t feel the need to binge at all. I think because I’ve been allowing myself to eat the food I want to eat. Not just the food I think is “safe” or the lowest amount of calories. I also haven’t been counting calories, so I figure if my weight goes up I’m eating too much.

Spingirl9, I do the same thing, restrict my calories (plus over exercise) after a binge, which leads me to binge again. Great job breaking the cycle!

Jalsa, Day 1’s are always the hardest for me, but I’ve noticed that my cravings get less intense each day I don’t binge.
  • krazy- It does help to eat what your hungry for and not to grab the lowest calorie food, just because it's safe. I did that for almost two years, I just discovered that if I just eat what I really want & stay within my calorie limit, I don't have an interest in binging at all.

Day 22- No problem, going out to eat tonight w/ family & have my dinner planned, plain grilled salmon & a side salad. I ate tons of fruit w/ breakfast and lunch, I wasn't starving but it tasted so good I kept eating it. Fruit doesn't do anything to me, so no worries. I just love it!
  • Day 19. Been crazy busy with almost no time to eat, much less binge. Not having time to shop for food has made it easy - no junk in the house makes it easy to not binge.
  • Today is DAY 99!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Woohoo Vixsin! Keep it up and get it to 100!

Finished Day 7 today!!!
  • Day 12 is near over for me! Today was haaaard at times. I finally went grocery shopping and had to stop myself from devouring everything once I got back. In terms of my calorie goals, I still have about 400 more if I want them, but I'm not hungry and I'm determined not to eat "just because I can." (Though I really want to )