Weight Watchers online support thread

You're on Page 3 of 12
Go to
  • You are SO right, Andeluv.

I never realized just how bad some foods were until I joined WW.

For example. Before WW, I would have gone to a restaurant and gotten some sort of salad(filled with cheese, meats, and tons of fatty dressing no less) and considered that me eating good. Uhhhh.....yeah right. Little did I know one of those salads contains 25-30 PP's. Sometimes more. That's insane!! That's double/triple what I eat now for dinner.

We were out the other day and I did really well, got a salad with no extra stuff and FF dressing. Was yummy. So I decided to check DWLZ and see what a dessert at this particular place would run me in points. The lowest point dessert on the menu was 35 points! I...about...died.

Needless to say I skipped dessert that night.
  • Kind of upset with myself right now..its only sunday...the first day of my week..and i already used 9 of my weekly points. Having one of those days where i feel like binging. so far though only had 4 cookies for 11pts...and im really struggling to not eat another 4
  • Hi all! I want to start WW online but have a question....do I need the actual materials (books, etc)? I'm thinking about going to a meeting tomorrow to get the materials but really want to order the monthly pass online today so I can start getting familiar with the new plan. My printer doesn't work so I wouldn't be able to print out proof that I ordered the monthly pass. Would I be able to walk in and buy the new plan materials with them thinking I'm not a member? Or should I just wait until tomorrow and buy the monthly pass at the meeting? Thank you for any help! Hopefully I will be in this thread often!
  • i do it online and i have no paper materials or kits or anything. so far its been going great. they have a ton of tools online..i think thats enough in my opinion.
  • Quote: Kind of upset with myself right now..its only sunday...the first day of my week..and i already used 9 of my weekly points. Having one of those days where i feel like binging. so far though only had 4 cookies for 11pts...and im really struggling to not eat another 4
    I am right there with you. The last two days I have really slipped up. I have eaten a lot of trigger foods thinking "just one bite" and of course it's never just one bite. Plus I wasn't drinking enough water these past two days and that always causes increased eating. Let's start fresh tomorrow and move forward. Positive thinking.
  • Quote: Hi all! I want to start WW online but have a question....do I need the actual materials (books, etc)? I'm thinking about going to a meeting tomorrow to get the materials but really want to order the monthly pass online today so I can start getting familiar with the new plan. My printer doesn't work so I wouldn't be able to print out proof that I ordered the monthly pass. Would I be able to walk in and buy the new plan materials with them thinking I'm not a member? Or should I just wait until tomorrow and buy the monthly pass at the meeting? Thank you for any help! Hopefully I will be in this thread often!
    I can't help you with the information on the meetings and monthly pass. I do WW completely online and I didn't buy any materials. The E tools and online resources they provide are more than enough to do it. Hth!
  • Thanks for the reply. With what you just said and the experiences of others that I found in another thread, I think I'm just going to do the WW online. I don't even need the monthly pass, I don't know why I thought I did. So WW online it is!
  • Quote: i do it online and i have no paper materials or kits or anything. so far its been going great. they have a ton of tools online..i think thats enough in my opinion.

I agree.
  • Quote: I am right there with you. The last two days I have really slipped up. I have eaten a lot of trigger foods thinking "just one bite" and of course it's never just one bite. Plus I wasn't drinking enough water these past two days and that always causes increased eating. Let's start fresh tomorrow and move forward. Positive thinking.
    that is exactly what happened to me..my husband, who KNOWS i'm on a diet, brought home some cookies. He's like "oh i thought you might like these" ...LOL yeah im sure i would. I calculated the points and it was 3pts for 1 cookie so i thought, okay I could have one cookie..and then crap..they taste awesome, just one more. But two cookies equals 7pts somehow...and then 2 more was 11pts.

But yes!..tomorrow is a new day..gotta start this year off right. I'm trying to loose at least 5lbs this month..although i think i may have gained a pound or two this weekend. I just have to stick to my diet and believe in myself.
  • Hey all, I'm starting weight watchers online tomorrow!! I'm excited, I hope I can hopefully learn some portion control for once in my life. I hope it's effective! Never tried it before!
  • Quote: that is exactly what happened to me..my husband, who KNOWS i'm on a diet, brought home some cookies. He's like "oh i thought you might like these" ...LOL yeah im sure i would. I calculated the points and it was 3pts for 1 cookie so i thought, okay I could have one cookie..and then crap..they taste awesome, just one more. But two cookies equals 7pts somehow...and then 2 more was 11pts.

But yes!..tomorrow is a new day..gotta start this year off right. I'm trying to loose at least 5lbs this month..although i think i may have gained a pound or two this weekend. I just have to stick to my diet and believe in myself.
    I feel your pain. Cookies are a HUGE trigger for me. I have to stay away because there is just no stopping once I start.

I'm sure you can hit your monthly goal! Positive thinking!
  • Quote: Hey all, I'm starting weight watchers online tomorrow!! I'm excited, I hope I can hopefully learn some portion control for once in my life. I hope it's effective! Never tried it before!
    Welcome! It will change your life. WW is so much more than calorie counting. You will love it.
  • I had my 3 month check up today to have my A1c checked for the diabetes. Doctor was very pleased with my progress. Some numbers were up a little, but he said they will come down with the exercise. He was very pleased with how the fasting blood glucose had come down since I started WW about 2 weeks ago. My BG A1c was down from 6.2 to 5.9 since my last office visit in September. He feels that I have avoided any damage the diabetes could have caused and that I should have no problems. Another bonus... I've lost 6 lbs since September.

He said he had seen the WW ad this morning with Jennifer Hudson. I told him I knew that I could improve things with low carb but that it was so much easier to do WW. He told me that any diet will work, but that we have to work at finding one that we feel comfortable with and he said that he had many of his patients doing WW. I also told him that I had read that while lots of diets worked well for people that more people who do WW seems to be more successful at keeping it off. I am very pleased with the results of my doctor's visit.

WW will help us improve our health.
  • Quote: I had my 3 month check up today to have my A1c checked for the diabetes. Doctor was very pleased with my progress. Some numbers were up a little, but he said they will come down with the exercise. He was very pleased with how the fasting blood glucose had come down since I started WW about 2 weeks ago. My BG A1c was down from 6.2 to 5.9 since my last office visit in September. He feels that I have avoided any damage the diabetes could have caused and that I should have no problems. Another bonus... I've lost 6 lbs since September.

He said he had seen the WW ad this morning with Jennifer Hudson. I told him I knew that I could improve things with low carb but that it was so much easier to do WW. He told me that any diet will work, but that we have to work at finding one that we feel comfortable with and he said that he had many of his patients doing WW. I also told him that I had read that while lots of diets worked well for people that more people who do WW seems to be more successful at keeping it off. I am very pleased with the results of my doctor's visit.

WW will help us improve our health.
    WAY TO GO.

I love to see people drastically improving their health with WW. You made a great point. WW isn't for everyone but the difference in WW and other diets is people who do WW tend to keep the weight off. After all, it's a lifestyle not a diet.
  • Quote: WAY TO GO.

I love to see people drastically improving their health with WW. You made a great point. WW isn't for everyone but the difference in WW and other diets is people who do WW tend to keep the weight off. After all, it's a lifestyle not a diet.
    I agree tschaff and I believe that is key to the right attitude for success. Back in the summer when I learned that I was T2 diabetic, I went on strict low carb diet to get my numbers down and did so successfully. The thing was that when all the numbers became normal, I did exactly like I had aways done when dieting... I started eating again and just couldn't get back on low carb plan. I realized that I had to find something I could live with because I'm at the place now where my health is affected more. When I read about the new WW plan, I decided to do it. This time I'm not on a diet, I'm just eating the way I will be eating the rest of my life and hopefully that is going to bring me absolute successful. I love this months WW Mag... article "Little Miss Perfect" strategy of the 80/20 eating and I plan to adopt it. She says to eat healthy foods 80% of the time and then eat 20% junk. This way you are never OP and tempted to binge. She says you want the cookie... eat it, but just count it in with the pts. This is what I did during the holidays although I had not gotten the magazine yet. I ate what I wanted, but counted it within my daily pts. It paid off.

Have a good day!!