Goal weight!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Just a few days ago I was lamenting the fact that I wasn't able to update my "current low weight" for about 2 weeks even though I've been pretty good (under my calories almost every day and getting plenty of exercise). In the past few days, my weight has dropped just about 4 pounds and out of nowhere I'm suddenly under 180.

The moral of the story is to trust what you are doing food/ health wise and just keep at it no matter what. When you least expect it, the "whoosh" will happen and everything will be caught up.

I'm going to continue what I'm doing. Nothing for me is going to change and if I end up losing more weight, that would be fine. Right now I want to just focus on body fat percentage. I eat healthy (usually 1700-1800 calories) and get plenty of exercise so I'm not very concerned about being "underweight". For my height, that would be a weight in the 150s and that will never happen.

I'm not ruling out upping my goal weight if I add more muscle and my body fat percentage goes down. To me, health more important than the weight. For right now, however, I'd like to keep 180 as my "red line" zone. I'd love to maintain long term in the low to mid 170s.
  • Awesome!

What changed on the day you started? Did you wake up and say "no more of living like this?" Then what did you do?
  • Matt - Same for me last week - did not think there was a remote chance of getting below 200 and then whoosh 6lbs off and at 197! You are so right, stay on plan, trust it and work with it!
    Congratulations on your incredible acbievements.
  • Matt, amazing! I am tickled pink for you! There aren't words to describe how incredible your accomplishment is and I hope you have been able to soak it all in. It has been a pleasure to have been able to watch you come to this day and this post.
  • Yea, breaking a plateau is kind of like stepping through the ice on a puddle... you suddenly lose a couple. Congratulations!
  • AMAZING Matt...simply amazing!!! Congrats!!!
  • Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing...it's incredibly helpful to hear about successful people also going through stalls (especially for those of us currently stuck in a stall for a couple of weeks )
  • Congratulations! How'd the weigh-in at WW go yesterday? Did you make goal for them as well?
  • YEE-HAAA!!! That's great!

YOU ROCK!!

Chico-Boom-Boom!

TAH-DAH!!!
  • Congrats, Matt!!
    You're right about keeping at it. I was just complaining yesterday that I had stalled for a week and worrying over what to do, then this morning, whoosh, 2.2 pounds down.
  • Congrats!

I needed to read this. I am so bloated today! I know it's because I have been pretty badly dehydrated for days. Sometimes I go through periods where I just don't drink. then when I do, I boat and even my fingers swell. Well, I'm totally there are up 2 lbs today even after being very under cals for 3 days.

Sometimes you just can't win. I plan to drink tons today. and hopefully tomorrow the scale will be more cooperative.

again congrats!
  • Wow congrats man, you are amazing!
  • That's awesome Matt!! Congrats!
  • Matt- Congratulations! You are so right about hanging in there and then the whoosh. Thank you for all the motivating post you make- you are amazing!
  • Woot! Yay Matt. You are a hero