To self conscious to exercise?

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • I have to say the YMCA is the best place to go in my opinion. I went to 24/HR fitness because for awhile I had weird hours and it felt so.. fake? I mean it wasn't but the people there felt like barbies and I felt out of place. I signed up at the YMCA with my mother and we've been going on and off ( More lately ). The YMCA has everything 24/hr fitness had all the machines but the people there are -REAL- bigger girls like you and I and I can honestly say I got the best workout there because I just dont pay attention. Also if you like swimming the YMCA ( Not sure if they do where you're from.. ) has swim Aerobics . I weighed 260 at one point.. went for a summer and lost 20 pounds! I wasnt even really dieting and ontop of it I dropped almost 2 pant sizes. I got a great workout and It felt like nothing because I was in the nice cool water and you dont notice the sweat haha.
  • Most other people at the gym will thing everyone else is looking at them too. If they look, it doesn't matter at the end of the day. Even a snarky comment doesn't matter. You're doing this for yourself and no one else.
  • I walk "loops" in my yard. I figured out my distance with a pedometer, and do what I can.

If you don't have a pedometer, you can carry a handful of pennies in your pocket, and move one penny to the other pocket every time you complete once around. That'll help you know how you're improving.

I do this in the winter too, as long as I can keep my "loop" shoveled out.