52 Pounds Gone!!!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hi everyone,

I hit my 2nd goal on Saturday - 50 pounds. Well, 52 to be precise. This leaves me with only 50 pounds left to go to reach my goal - halfway there! I started in January of 2010, after I was diagnosed with PCOS. My symptoms have seriously gotten better, though they haven't resolved entirely - I think I need to lose more, and I'm accepting that some part of me may always have to deal with PCOS issues.

As I've said before, I'm a professional photographer, so my photographs are awesome because I work with a bunch of guys who can take awesome pictures!

My before shot, however, comes from a video still. I wish I had a better "before" but I wasn't letting anyone near me with a camera at that point. The only other one I have is this candid shot that a coworker did of me where I didn't know he was pointing the camera.

December 2010 - 267 pounds:

26 pounds/10%/241 pounds:
    52 pounds/20%/215 pounds:

My measurements have decreased as follows:

Abdomen: 42.5 inches to 35.25
    Upper Arms: 19 inches to 15.5
    Calf: 20 inches to 18
    Chest: 49 inches to 43
    Hip: 52.5 inches to 44.75
    Neck: 15.5 inches to 14
    Thigh: 31 inches to 27.5

I have gone from a size 20 to a size 16, and even a size 14 in some things. Now, I just have to keep on trucking down to my next goal of 202! Then it's a straight shot to one-derland!

I couldn't have done it without the support I've gotten from these boards. I'm not the most prolific commenter, but I do read the threads daily, and take a lot of inspiration from them, even when I'm completely frustrated! So thanks to 3FC, and keep on keepin' on!
  • WTG!!! You look fab keep up the good work
  • Jenny, that's just Plain 'ol AWESOME!! You look great.
  • Great job girl! Huge difference- love the band - I have a GWF (or BMF) and it's great
  • You have a great figure there.
  • Well done! That's a great achievement!
  • Way to go!!! You've kicked my butt into action. Keep up the great work.
  • Oh wow, you look GREAT! Those are awesome pictures, great quality.
    The progress is absolutely inspiring. I love it. Thank you for sharing.
  • Quote: Great job girl! Huge difference- love the band - I have a GWF (or BMF) and it's great
    Oh yes, I love my GWF! On the days I run, I burn close to 3000 calories...seeing that number on my computer screen makes me do the happy dance, lol.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! onherweighdown, thank you for the compliment - it is nice to have a figure again! I don't know if I'm going to end up an hourglass or a triangle, but I know this baby will always "got back" even at a size 6. Lol, maybe I'm somehow secretly related to J. Lo!
  • Wow you are amazing- I know I burn around 2300-2500 calories per day. I burned a lot more when I started out but yeah eventually the number went down lol. Darnit!

I think the sleep monitor function is my favorite!
  • I'm sure mine will drop, too - my average, when I don't do anything other than a normal day, is about 2400. But I also walk around a lot for my job, which helps. If I'm totally sedentary and lie in bed and watch TV (IE: every so often on a Sunday) I'm more like 2100. And then I feel guilty about not even getting out of my PJs, hehe.
  • You look WONDERFUL! Love the cut of that dress!
  • you look SO amazing.

and i must ask, what is a GWF?
  • You look fantastic!
  • Quote: you look SO amazing.

and i must ask, what is a GWF?
    Thank you so much!!

A GWF is a GoWearFit calorie monitor, that is a pretty accurate way of letting me know how many calories I'm burning during the day. They use them on The Biggest Loser, but I found out about them from 3FC. A little on the pricey side, but it has been invaluable to me in figuring out exactly what I burn each day.