Depression Forum Bio's

You're on Page 10 of 38
Go to
  • DATE: June 1/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Unheardkoala (leslie)

BIRTHDAY: January 13/72

MARITAL STATUS: Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Deryck

CHILDREN/AGES: Tyler 3.5

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: crafts, reading, playing with son

PETS: none

TOP WEIGHT: 295

CURRENT WEIGHT: 295

GOAL WEIGHT: 165

HEIGHT: 5'9

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: Alburn

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Staying focused

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I just quit smoking so I know if I can do that I can do this too.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I was diagnosed with clinical depression 11 years ago it's been a battle but I'm doing it I'm surving
  • my bio-Beea
    DATE: 5/2/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Beea

BIRTHDAY: 9/25/71

MARITAL STATUS: married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Bill

CHILDREN/AGES: Selestyna-15, Tylar-11

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, shopping, cooking

PETS: 3 dogs-2 are Jack Russells-Stevie Ray & Doobie, the other is a Blue-Healer-named Babay Blu. 3 cats-1 is a grey Persian named Lulla Bye, the other 2 are my Tommys-Romeo and Oscar.

TOP WEIGHT: 290

CURRENT WEIGHT: 280

GOAL WEIGHT: 200

HEIGHT: 6'1

HAIR COLOR: auburn

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Texas

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: sweets

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: ?

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I an a thyroid patient, I have battled depression since I was a child. I grew up in a dysfuncional family-like everyone lese I suppose.

DON'T FORGET TO JOIN US ON THE DAILY THREAD AFTER POSTING YOUR BIO... THANK YOU !!
  • DATE: 5/2/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Just For Us *Cheree*

BIRTHDAY: July 2 1982

MARITAL STATUS: Single

SPOUSE’S NAME: Boyfriend Mike

CHILDREN/AGES: Makayla 8 1/2 months

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Working out, Hockey, Reading, dancing

PETS: none yet... soon though

TOP WEIGHT: 245

CURRENT WEIGHT: 212

GOAL WEIGHT: 135

HEIGHT: 5'7

EYE COLOR: brown / hazel

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Michigan

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Drinking, Carbs, and sticking to a diet

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My support by my boyfriend, and being able to talk to others about everything

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Very fun outgoing person, loves meeting new people. And weekends like to "entertain" my friends, which includes drinking and lots o food!! Can't wait to get to know new people on here!! Good luck to everyone!

DON'T FORGET TO JOIN US ON THE DAILY THREAD AFTER POSTING YOUR BIO... THANK YOU !!
  • Bio
    DATE: 06/06/2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: MelodyAM75 - Melody

BIRTHDAY: Sept. 10, 1975

MARITAL STATUS: Married almost 5 years - together for almost 12

SPOUSE’S NAME: Cliff

CHILDREN/AGES: RJ - 3 1/2

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Genealogy, Scrapbooking, Reading, Writing

PETS: Cat named Buddy - 9 years old

TOP WEIGHT: 260

CURRENT WEIGHT: 255

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5'1"

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

OCCUPATION: Unemployed Teacher at current; Part-time Ebay sales

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Hattiesburg, MS

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Staying on Program

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don't know - maybe the fact that I would like to try for a second child in a year or two
  • DATE: June 23, 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Laila_girl23/ Sara G.

BIRTHDAY: July 7, 1982

MARITAL STATUS: Single

SPOUSE’S NAME: N/A

CHILDREN/AGES: N/A

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: NASCAR and Stock car Racing, fishing, walking, dogs, movies, photography

PETS: 1 Boxer, Laila

TOP WEIGHT: 260

CURRENT WEIGHT: 255

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HEIGHT: 5' 5"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Naturally dirty blonde, died dark brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southeastern MN

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Continuity, keeping up with something..... Until now. And making better choices of what I eat.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have a new outlook on life.... it sounds cheesy, but it's true.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I was born and raised in MN, but I am a southern girl at heart.... moving to Florida in January 2006.
  • DATE:6/23/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME:Knitting_a_Conundrum

BIRTHDAY: 8/25

MARITAL STATUS: Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Hubby

CHILDREN/AGES: Older Son, 19, Younger Son, 16

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: History, Knitting, Needlework, Reenacting, News, Church, Writing

PETS: Amber, a Golden Retriever, Hunter, her daughter, and Velvet a little black mixed breed Terrier

TOP WEIGHT: 252

CURRENT WEIGHT:217

GOAL WEIGHT:125

HEIGHT:5'3"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Sometimes Red, Sometimes Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Intermountain West

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Carb Craving and binging

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: 2 things: fear of diabetes, and perhaps Wellbutrin

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Well, I have been struggling with depression, in part because younger son (stepson at that) is struggling with depression, PTSD, and he and his dad (and my dad, and my brother) have ADD. Son witnessed the deaths of his birthmother and sister in a very nasty auto wreck when he was 8, and has extra survivor's guilt cause he was sitting in his sister's seat because he had been hyper. about 1 1/2 years ago he attempted suicide. Son has been getting into some legal trouble trying to do things that ease his misery, and been sabotaging himself a lot, and just struggling hard through adolescence.

Before I got on the Wellbutrin, I was having chronic pain that started about the time his suicide attempt happened because the stress would cause spasms in my biliary duct which felt like a heart attack - and I still make stones even without the gallbladder. Yuck! Had four stones removed last year and two attacks of pancreatitis before it was done.

Every time younger son caused problems, my pain would skyrocket...which has been happening a lot. He's gotten two tickets for marijuana and two tickets for smoking, and has been failing in school and breaking the rules a lot, in part to prove what a bad kid he is to himself, and it breaks my heart and is soooo frustrating.

Got stressed out enough this year that I would cry for hours, and somewhere along the line, my hair thinned out. Everybody but older son is in therapy, and it helps.
    Wellbutrin got me out of Pain Jail, though, for some reason or other and has helped with the depression. But I have some really bad days.

But the diet has been working. I have gone from a 26 to somewhere between an 18 and a 16...in slightly less than 3 months. But because of all the stress, I am emotionally exhausted, and it is interfering with helping my son and stressing my very nice marriage. But son is going to visit his aunt for three weeks. Maybe I can catch my breath!
  • Bio Reply
    DATE: 6/26/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Username:AnnaMcD/Real Name: Anna McD

BIRTHDAY: 11/27/1962

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

SPOUSE’S NAME: Deceased

CHILDREN/AGES: girl 18, boy 13

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:IYENGAR YOGA

PETS: 2 rats, 1 cat, 1 dog, 1 frog

TOP WEIGHT: 207

CURRENT WEIGHT: 204

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'2"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Purple

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: So.California

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Controlling my appetite. IT'S HUGE!!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am very concerned about my health. This is the biggest I have ever been. I know that in order to save my own life I have to lose weight.

WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU LIKE EVERYONE TO KNOW? I have BiPolar Disorder. I have been on meds that have increased my weight. I have just recently changed my meds. Hopefully it will help.

: angel: : angel:
  • June 26 05.
    Screen Name: Carla 49
    I'm 5'8", born October 13, have dark brown eyes, dark brown (greying) hair.
    I have no pets (yet) and no children.
    I'm recently divorced, and still pissed off.
    I'm at my top weight of 215, and my goal is 150.
    My location is Ontario, Canada.

My biggest challenges: I eat emotionally, I "forget" not to eat until after the binge, I can't resist "free" food, I love chocolate and wine.

This time may not be different. I'm hoping that enough time has gone by since my post-breakup breakdown to stop finding excuses and get back into shape. Although it has been fascinating to watch myself grow and grow and grow... I'm hoping to find support here - and give in return.

About me: A few years back I actually spent a long time as a very fit person: I ran a marathon and a lot of little races; I hiked regularly, including backpack camping; I spent lots of free time on my bike.. Then a foot injury slowed me down and started the depression, which was accelerated by an increasingly distant husband. The cherry on the sundae, of course, was the marriage breakup, followed by my personal breakdown. I'm definiteley on the mend, but not quite there yet.

I'm glad to report that through it all I never totally lost my sense of humour, although it got to be rather warped for a while.
  • DATE: June 29, 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Smilan/Shadia

BIRTHDAY: 4/22/75

MARITAL STATUS: single

SPOUSE’S NAME: n/a

CHILDREN/AGES: none

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: shopping, reading, movies

PETS: 1 cat, Prince

TOP WEIGHT: 240

CURRENT WEIGHT: 236

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT:

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Reddish brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Atlanta, GA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: continuity

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have submitted my self and life to God, and asked Him to order my steps including in my health/weight loss/fitness journey. I trust in Him to give me strength and perserverance to run this race.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have been overweight since high school, just a little at first, but steadily I have become more than 80 lbs. overweight. I have lost about 25 lbs before by cutting back on sweets, fried foods, and junk in general and excercise ( you know the right way). I believe this time will be the last time. Let's get it off for good, guys!
  • trooworld's bio
    DATE: July 5, 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: trooworld/Chris

BIRTHDAY: 9/26/68

MARITAL STATUS: almost married (8/13/05)

SPOUSE’S NAME: Reggie

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: jewelry making, arts, crafts, scrapbooking (new hobby), reading, movies

PETS: Bubba (11 yr old pug), Gizmo (14 yr old pekinese), Mr. Hyde (4 yr old tuxedo cat), Bowser (oranda goldfish)

TOP WEIGHT: 232 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 207 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 145 lbs

HEIGHT: 5'6"

EYE COLOR: light brown/hazel

HAIR COLOR: chestnut brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: San Diego, CA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: resisting the urge to eat bigger portions than I need

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I realize that I need to watch my portions, and I remind myself that it won't be the last time in my life that I will have the opportunity to eat that item, that I can eat a small portion because it will be there in the future.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Not that I can think of! Oh, I guess I can say that my eating plan is a balance of carbs, fats and protein and I eat 5 small meals a day (or at least I try)...I count calories, trying to eat less than 1500 cals a day.
  • DATE: July 9, 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: PJ/Pamela Jo

BIRTHDAY: 9/18/58

MARITAL STATUS: divorced 3/4/05, was married almost 17 freakin years!!!!

SPOUSE’S NAME: Spouse? What's that!!!!!?????? He wasn't there when we WERE married and he's not here now. So...for the time being...my kids and dog will do just fine.

CHILDREN/AGES: 2 - My son is 10 and my daughter will be 17 on July 26th.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING HORSES. Running around with my kids, sewing, I'm a real movie buff, computerholic, charitable work, all kinds of crafts, and alot more stuff I can't think of right now. <grin>

PETS: Minnie, my shelter dog of 1 1/2 years now. I had to get rid of my horses after the hurricanes and my divorce. So weird to be "horseless" but there's always one for me to ride since I give lessons and still train. THANK GOD!

TOP WEIGHT: 203 lbs. Where I'm at right now since I'm just starting up again.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 203 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 160 lbs. for now. WHEN I get to 160, I'll change my goal weight to 135. Right now, 160 is a long ways to go and I'll be happy when I get there and so will MY POOR ANKLES AND FEET AND BACK!!!!!

HEIGHT: 5'6"

HAIR COLOR: brown (from a bottle) otherwise all I'd need is a 101 dalmation coat and I'd be Cruella DeVill's twin!

OCCUPATION: Mother, horse trainer/riding instructor, secretary.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Stuart, Fla.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: STARTING and STICKING TO IT. Remember, ~Nothing tastes as good as thin feels~

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Hmmmmm, that's a toughy since I really don't know yet. Just the fact that I'm back here at the 3fc site is a great start for me.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Yeah....I hate what the divorce has done to my kids. I really miss being a family but not all the "garbage" that "he" gave me and the kids every day. Does that make any sense? I'm just so angry that he ruined all of our lives!!!!! (He's an alcoholic) Now, as usual....Mom has to "fix" everything. Always did and always will but I have to start with myself and just "let it go" and stop being so MAD!!!!!!!!__________________

Longterm goal: To be fit and healthy. I know I wont be the weight or shape I was when I was in my 20's...and I'm not going to lie and say that I don't want to be either...BUT! Being able to fit into a size 10 again would be great because I can't stand the look of those "dimples" on the tops of my thighs and butt!!!!!
  • [deleted]
  • DATE: 8/3/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Lilli

BIRTHDAY: 9/24/62

SPOUSE’S NAME: Mohammad

CHILDREN/AGES: Joseph age 20

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Bible Study, family, crafts

PETS: 2 dogs - yellow lab and a beagle

TOP WEIGHT: 200

CURRENT WEIGHT: 200

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5'4

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: S. Florida

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Dieting means thinking about food all the time... what to eat, how much to eat, when to eat, blah blah blah

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm really not sure yet. I'm jsut tired of being chubby.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? hmmm. not sure but feel free to ask away!
  • DATE: August 12, 2005

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Bostonmox/ Shauna

BIRTHDAY: March 15

MARITAL STATUS: In a relationship

SPOUSE’S NAME: Alex

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Photography, swimming, American Sign Language, reading, DDR

PETS: None

TOP WEIGHT: 215

CURRENT WEIGHT: 213

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5'2''

EYE COLOR: Blue/green

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Southern California

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: binge eating, emotional eating, lack of exercise... you name it...

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am working with a nutritionist now who helps me plan meals and stay accountable.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have Bipolar disorder, thats why I chose this board to post on first. Otherwise- ask away!
  • my bio...
    DATE: 08/13/05

USERNAME/REAL NAME: manicbelle/tiffani

BIRTHDAY: 08/19

SPOUSE’S NAME: robert

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: music, friends, family, movies, board games, shopping

PETS: 5 month old mini schnauzer name Scruffy

TOP WEIGHT: 360

CURRENT WEIGHT: 315

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

HEIGHT: 5' 6"

EYE COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: apache junction, arizona

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I quit everything.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am not so sure I will be successful.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have manic depression, severe mood swings, and probably adult add. It is very hard for me to stick with anything, so any support is welcomed. I also tend to get very self involved, feeling lonely, and withdrawn. Sometimes I need an overly friendly person to pull myself out of it. I also have polycystic ovarian syndrome, which increases my depression when I think about it because it is causing infertility. I am not looking forward to my long journey, but am simply hoping I can get through it.