30-somethings October chat

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Here we are again at the beginning of another month... Hopefully October is kinder to me than September was.

What does October mean to you?

For me, it means Thanksgiving, Halloween and the beginning of autumn!
  • Halloween!!

I love October....I love Halloween.....and Thanksgiving.

I always say this is my favorite time of the year....until Summer rolls around and I forget how much I love summer. lol

Guess all the fall activities keep me too busy to miss the warmer weather. lol
  • October is the beginning of our holiday season. Halloween, then my youngest's birthday 2 days later, then Thanksgiving, then Winter Solstice, then Christmas, then New Years, then my oldest's birthday, then Valentine's Day, then Spring Equinox and my son's birthday. October to March is always a whirlwind around here.
  • I love October. It is the last moon of the Pagan calendar, my son's birthday and of course Halloween (or Samhain). I could do without the snow though...its already snowing here.
  • I LOVE October!!! I LOVE Halloween!!! I love the colors and the weather! Also there are lots of b-days to celebrate. Mine is the 16th, DH the 15th, DS the 23rd..and then I have a ton of friends who are Libras too!
  • Crisp days and warm toasty sweaters sipping coffee out on the porch, leaf peeping and trick or treating with the kids.
  • I love this month. Birthday, Halloween, Harry Potter marathons.
  • (Hi, I'm new! I hope it's OK that I just jump in. I'm excited to see that the 30-somethings are chatty here!)

I love October, because I get so tired of hot weather!

We took our 3-year-old daughter out to pick out her Halloween costume tonight, and I'm looking forward to harvest festivals, pumpkin patches, the Zoo Boo, etc. It's a low-stress holiday, with lots of fun and no gift-buying stress.
  • I'm new as well. just finished nursing school this past summer and just passed the NCLEX!! I love October and fall...my favourite time of year!!
  • Happy October, all!

I love fall, here in Nebraska. Our wedding was in the fall, I love long sleeved shirts, leaves falling, and while I don't care about football - I like seeing others excited.

THIS year, October means starting P90X. In the last year or so, I have lost 60lbs and achieved a level of fitness, where I desire "more." I did it...I bought it from Beach Body, bought the chin up bar and even got a couple of samples of the Recovery Drink. I'm not a big believer in supplements...but one of my SIL had some samples (and is a "coach") so I will try it.

Today I will be inputing lessons for my 3rd and 7th graders. I try to spend a whole day once a month doing it - saves me time later! The kids are doing great with their studies. My 7th grader and I have been doing Chemistry experiments (we burned up sugar the other day to see the Carbon separate from the Oxygen!) and my 3rd grader is doing MUCH better in the new alternative math book I got for her.

So that's me...babysitting, home schooling, and "Bringing It" with P90X!

Happy Birthday to all of you who's birthdays are this month. My "little" sister's B-day is the 15th - she will be 31.
  • Mortonpixie, we're homeschoolers, too.
  • Quote: Mortonpixie, we're homeschoolers, too.
    Yay! How's your year going? What grades are you teaching?
  • Today was my weigh-in... Went up .2 of a pound, but that's because I ran out of bottled water and I ran out of sweet tea powder so I was drinking soda for the last 2 weeks in addition to having pizza twice and Chinese takeout once. Not TOO bad... Coulda been A LOT worse!

I'm still down 4 pounds since mid-April, so I'm happy. Just have to take care of my knees and start stretching in the mornings... I walked to Sobeys THREE DAYS IN A ROW this week! My knees are KILLING ME! *falls over and dies*
  • October is birthday and the return of sweaters and crisp air!
  • I think October is my favorite month of the year. It means:
    Wearing sweaters again, my favorite clothing colors are in the store, windows can stay open in the daytime, the snow is about to start falling in the Sierras so almost time for skiing, snowboarding, etc. And I second MrsSoCo: time for Halloween and Harry Potter marathons!

I saw the 20-somethings are doing an October exercise challenge, where you say how many days you'll exercise during the month then do it. I am doing my own personal challenge: to exercise every day in October. I was gone on business all of September and it stunk, there was very little exercise opportunity (no gym, nonstop work all day, and not safe running in the dark where I was staying). So I'm back with a vengeance! Day one completed.