When people are stressing you out

• Ty
  • I'm beginning to learn to manage it but only by having long internal arguments with myself. I know, same as you, that resorting to food because of stress isn't the answer but I literally sit for ages churning it over and over until the issue eventually gurgles down the drain.

I think it must be worse for you though because, as discussed on a previous thread, having come so far and being so close to goal brings a different mindset. I'm still at the point where I've got a lot still to lose, so I still haven't had a single off plan day or meal in 125 days. While that rigidity is being helpful to the weightloss, I don't know that it's a model for the future.

Taking a step back and letting all the crppy emotions swirl around, hoiking them out and filletting them, is all I can suggest.

And I don't want to creep you out but what we post here is visible on google.....
  • I don't know if this will help you, but what helps me is to get really and truly *angry*. For some reason, anger is one of the emotions that doesn't make me eat. And by anger I mean a sort of self-protective anger, not rage or yelling at the person. An "I am worth this effort! And I will not forget it! SO THERE!" sort of anger. The other thing to think of is *Is this person even *worth* derailing all my hard work?" Do I want to say, "Well, I would have kept the weight off if it hadn't been for that little pipsqueak?" He is not worth it! NOT worth it!

p.s. I guess I am feeling kind of angry and protective on your behalf, lol, but I read your blog lots! You are amazing!
  • You are such an amazing strong person and you have come so far. I know you won't let an immature person's bad behavior shift you from your course. Deep breathe a few times - In with the good - Out with the conflict. Then shift gears. Let the pain and anger shift to determination "I will not let that **** influence me to undesired behavior." Focus on how long you can inhale and how long you can exhale - "In with the good - Out with the conflict."
  • There are times in the past that I'd eat. Now I exercise. That's a better "eff you" to a difficult person who is attempting to make me feel worthless than having a tub of Ben & Jerry's/
  • I'm another one - I do the hardest, sweatiest workout possible until I'm tired or feel better (which usually come around at about the same time). For me it's partly physical and partly escapism - no one bothers me when I'm working out.
  • Thank you guys. I feel better today. I ended up sitting and feeling sad/angry/out of control for a couple hours. But then I went to bed. I stayed on plan and I guess I can look at THAT as my way to maintain control.

And I don't think he's bright enough to google and land here, but if he is, I hope someday he feels some guilt for the nasty way he has treated me.
  • I wouldn't bet on it. Best work on those coping strategies...

And if he broke into MY computer he'd be up on charges of some kind and/or never allowed in my house again. I don't care to be violated like that, not in the smallest measure.