Profoundly Food Obsessed??

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I have an addictive/obsessive personality, period. from overeating as a kid and adult, to NOT eating but twice a week as a teen, to alcohol as my 1st marraige was dissolving up until a couple years ago, to now, I fear, working out. The last one doesn't sound bad, but I'm worried of hurting myself. It is SO hard for me to stop for a day and just let my body rest.

Just the other day I told my DH, after spending 3 hours working out (1.5 hrs in morning, 1.5 hrs evening), that it's a good thing I never got into drugs because I would be dead by now. It's why I won't take a vicodin or other painkiller when prescribed (never got it filled when I had my wisdom teeth yanked). I don't want/need one more battle. It's like anything I can grab ahold of or control, I take it to the extreme.
  • Quote: For me, constant food cravings mean that I am just not eating enough.
    It's the same for me. Nowadays when I see that I'm always wanting more and more, I take a minute to think about if I may not have been eating enough throughout the day.

Although, I just get these cravings for saucy, cheesy things that seem like they just won't go away no matter what, like for pizza and pasta, lol.