50 Lbs By New Years Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • Please subscribe to this thread so it won't be a hassle to find.

This is my goal for the rest of this year. I am currently 279.4 lbs, and by January 1st, 2011 I'm going to be 229.4 lbs or less! So anyone who would like to, please join me in challenging yourself to lose 50 lbs by New Years! Feel free to jump in at any time! It's never too late.

Challenge Joiners:
    60lbstogo
    Aimster45
    Alyssarof2012 (me)
    AngelicLyna
    Bumbee
    Cleophas
    Dreamerchick
    FoodObsessed
    Itsuptome
    JackieHollow
    Jen516
    Jenteal
    KatMarie
    KimL1214
    Kitsey
    Ky30
    LacieRene
    Missinternational09
    Nitenic
    Pink1gloss
    Shamrockin32
    ShellydeFlores
    SnowboundChick
    Sylv
    Texscrapper

Team Start Weight- 6345 lbs!!!
    Team Loss-
    Team Finish Weight-

Please weigh in either monthly or weekly. I will be doing monthly. when you do your last weigh in on New Years morning, please take the time to add all your weigh ins together for me, haha! I then will add everyone's losses together and subtract it from the Team Start Weight.

Good luck to everyone! I wish you all success. I know it's ambitious, but I believe we can do this!
  • Don't include me on your list, but gosh I wanted to jump in and root you on! That's ambitious! I can't wait to see how much progress you guys make toward this goal, whether you meet it or not! You're going to be so excited to see how much you CAN lose in that time frame!
  • My goal was to lose 50 by the end of the year but I was counting back to June! I wish I could lose 50 from now until then but thats 3 months. Too fast for me...too scared!!! But I will definitely join the efforts to lose the rest of my 25 by Dec. 31st.
  • Holy cow, that's just over 3lbs/week for the next 16 weeks. I'm not sure that'd be healthy for me...
  • I don't know if I can hit 50 or not. That would be totally awesome if I could tho!!! I'll give it a shot.
  • Count me in! I'm averaging 4-5 Lbs a week since I went Raw so I think it's definitely doable.
  • I wish.
  • Im not sure if I can pull off 50, but I will join you to lose as much as I can by then! Atleast 30!
  • I'm in! I just started a week ago. My first weigh in is tomorrow. I don't know if 3lbs consistently per week is realistic, but hey it's worth a shot! I'll take whatever I can get and 50 would be fabulous!! Thanks for starting this!
  • I'm in! Lets do this people!
  • 50 BY 1/1 IS ambitious but I can do it and so can all who gather here!
  • I'm in. I'll weigh tomorrow and see. This is the perfect challenge to get me back on track!!

Thanks.

Okay,

Starting weight:
    Sept 10: 309.4lbs. Goal for Jan 1/11: 259.4
    Sept 15: 312lbs
    Sept 24: 309lbs
    Oct 1: 311lbs
  • What the ****...I'll try it!! I'm going to use my starting weight, as of 09/01/10, of 306 as my starting point.
  • Today was my first weigh in since starting this new healthy lifestyle and I've lost 4 pounds this week.

I must be honest though...at 24 years old and starting at almost 286 pounds, I was expecting more for my first week. I know, I know it's only water when people lose 8 pounds in their first week, but hey I'm sure I have water in here to lose too! I was paranoid as I stepped on the scale this morning thinking I had done all this hard work all week and the scale would show nothing. I guess I enjoy playing mind games with myself NOT.

Then reality checked back in (thank you very much) and I am happy with 4 pounds. Thats a great start!

So 46 more to go for me by New Years! C'mon everyone, we can do this!
  • I'm in!!!

SW: 257
    GW: 207 or less!!!