Considering South Beach Diet

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: How long has it taken you to lose somuch weight?
    Well I started my weight loss efforts in February and lost 13 pounds before I started South Beach. I started South Beach in mid-April and have lost the other 58 pounds in about 4 1/2 months. It's a little bit faster than average, but the changes in my diet were HUGE (I completely cut out soda and only have 1 glass of tea and then water for the rest of the day now).

I also went from eating 1 large meal a night followed by junk to eating 2 smaller meals and 2 healthy snacks. I have tried to work up to 3 meals a day, but w/ me working nightshift it's really hard to do. But I've never had a day where I felt deprived or like I was starving myself...and I've really come to LOVE eating this way. When we're away for a few days (visiting friends who have other eating habits or what not) we always come home and cook dinner right away...we miss it!!! I never thought I'd say that, but it's true.

I guess the exercise has helped, too (although I lost the first 45 w/ no exercise at all). I go twice a day, usually, and usually walk about 2.5 miles and do 20 mintues on the elliptical. Once you get used to it, it becomes addictive.

Good luck w/ everything. If you decide to go w/ Southbeach I think you'll be pleased w/ your results.
  • Wow that is amazing.
  • Quote: Wow that is amazing.
    Thanks. I can't thank my doctor enough for recommending Southbeach...it has literally changed my life. Even my skin is smoother!!!
  • I have not followed the SB Diet per se, but I bought their cookbook a few years ago and really liked some of their recipes and ideas. The low-fat ricotta cheese desert; the vegetable "quiche" cups; the faux-mashed potatoes made out cauliflower, milk, and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! spray are a few that come to mind.
  • If you've been on the zone diet without sugar and white flour, your phase 1 weight loss may not be substantial.