Gym Membership?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Who has a gym membership? How often do you go &* whats your favorite things to do?

I can't wait to ge my membership back. I loved the weight room, treadmill, yoga class && pool.
  • I just joined an aerobic studio and love it! I've been taking kickboxing classes (I used to compete in HS and college) and Zumba. I have my own workout room at home with a lot of equipment but I joined to make new friends (and child care is cheap lol)
  • I have a YMCA membership and I
    go to the gym every other day to run
    on the treadmill. I love it!
  • I have a membership, I go regularly 3 times per week, and try to go another 2 times ( not consistant with that though...). My health insurance will pay for $20 of my membership if I go at least 12 times per month. I use the treamill, the elliptical, free weights, stability balls, some fun machines and had a personal trainer helping me for a bit, loved that! He was terrific! I hated going at first cuz this club is more geared toward high school football/wrestling types, but I lost the self-conciousness quickly, they were all nice, and I think they realize at least I am there trying to improve my health and my weight. Love going now!
  • I've had my gym membership for 10 years now and have only used probably 2 years worth of it, IF that. But now I'm back on track and SERIOUS this time about my weight loss. I don't do any weight machines right now (no sense in building muscle on top of fat, right???) but I walk a mile on the treadmill and then do 20 minutes on the devil machine (elliptical). In the past I have taken yoga classes, but I'm not sure they're offered at this new location. I'm planning on signing up for water aerobics soon, though.
  • I've had a gym membership for just over a year now and I LOVE it. I go 4/5 (sometimes 6) times a week.
    I tend to alternate between going in the gym and doing a cardio workout on the elliptical, treadmill, stationary bike, rower etc, and the other days I do toning or step classes or lane swimming.
  • Y membership, generally 4 times/week. Once a week I swim laps, the other days are to use exercise bike. When it's really hot here I use the track to walk/run. Sometimes take a class just to break out of my routine.
  • I go six days a week for 1-3 hours, more in the winter, less in summer when I'm outside.

I love: Spin Cycle class, body + abs class, weight lifting (free weights), treadmill (running mostly) and the elliptical. I also love the pool, but rarely get in it.
  • I love love love my gym! I go 3-4 times a week, work on the treadmill, elliptical, rowing machine...use the weight machines and the ab station. I havent braved any classes yet...going to do that maybe after 10kg
  • I work at a university and pay for a gym membership on campus. I go to the weight room 3x a week over my lunch hour. I have in the past used the cardio areas and the pool for water aerobics classes during the academic year. I may go back to the water aerobics classes this fall, depending on how good the instructor is. I also ride my recumbent exercise bike at home early in the morning 6x a week year round.
  • I have a gym membership to LifeTime Fitness. I love it! I just started 2 days ago. I plan on going to the gym 4 days a week (Thursday - Sunday), and would love to up it to 6 days a week, when I get in better shape.
  • lol, I have a gym membership, and I am thinking about canceling it, I go so rarely...

I do like their spinning classes, and I do yoga every now and then.
    I think one problem I have is that I get bored on the cardio machines.

All your gym commitments are inspirational! I think I'm going to give it one more chance for the month of August. Maybe a little mini-challenge is in order...
  • I have a gym membership at the Y (guess I've posted about it quite a bit, doh, ha). I used to go pretty regularly 3x/wk, now I have less time, I'm working on getting it back up to 2.

I really like working on the treadmill. I mix it up with the elliptical and arc machine. and I use the resistance machines. I worked with a trainer a few times, so now I'll do stretches and exercises with the medicine ball.

one of these days I'll try a class.
  • Quote: Who has a gym membership? How often do you go &* whats your favorite things to do?

I can't wait to ge my membership back. I loved the weight room, treadmill, yoga class && pool.

I have a gym membership. It's not a fancy place, no classes, no pool, just equipment. I do all sorts of weights, and then treadmill, eliptical, and use the bike.
  • Hi everyone...I have a gym membership for 3 years and hardly ever use it, but can't seem to cancel it..
    Watching a Zumba infomercial the other day I've decided to take a class this Monday and whallaaa there is a class at my gym.
    For those of you that have taken the class how much fun is it?? I'm hoping it'll get me back there.
    Thanks
    KobiesMom