Old 08-01-2010, 05:16 PM   #16  

I *love* my elliptical! I use the gym at my school but when I graduate who knows

natasha, you won't build muscle on top of fat, it will build underneath and as you lose weight, your body will be more toned and loose skin won't show as much. Plus, increased muscle means increased metabolism!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

My school just built a new gym on campus, so I've been using that this past year. I try to go at least twice a week, more like four or five times a week if I feel motivated enough.

Its not the best gym in the whole world, but its new and I pay for it no matter what.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #18  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I have membership at the Y and my frequency depends on the season and weather.

In the winter or when it's raining, I go several times a week, and do a mix of strength training, spin class, running on the treadmill and swimming. Once in a while I'll throw in something like a Zumba class or Agility Drills just to mix it up. Now that I've gotten down to a weight where I think I can be moderately flexible, I want to try yoga or Pilates.

However, in the summertime and when the weather is nice, my gym visits go down as I prefer do my cardio (running, biking) outside.

Regardless of whether it's at the gym or on the street, I am working out 5-6 times a week.

KobiesMom, Zumba is a lot of fun! I resisted it for a long time because I am not that coordinated nor do I have a lot of rhythm. But once I started, I realized that no one else in there is Jennifer Lopez, either. I just don't take it or myself too seriously and avoid looking at my reflection in the mirrors.

Also, different instructors will use different dance styles, so if you have the opportunity, try out different ones. The instructor I like tends to use more hip hop and bollywood style dances mixed in with the Latin moves. Others use more Latin, etc.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote