Hummas

• Hummas, what is it? I see a lot of people using it and talking about it but I don't know what it is.
  • Hummus is a dip/spread typically made of garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas), olive oil, and tahini. There is the plain kind, but there are also yummy delights such as roasted garlic flavor, roasted red pepper flavor, and so on.

It's magnificent with veggie dippers. Also can be used as a sandwich spread in lieu of mayo (something I haven't yet tried.) It's a nice filling healthy snack!
  • I eat hummus almost every day. It's usually in the deli section. Walmart has it and most other grocery stores. It's my go to dip.
  • It's just about the best dip ever. Watch for the fat content in some. I know that Sabra has a higher fat.
  • I like it on whole wheat pita chips, but I just can't get my mom to like it (although she LOVES chickpeas, go figure).
  • I like some and not others. Brands vary greatly, IMO. And unfortunately I like it best on bread
  • Humm, okay well I might give it a try. Thanks all!!
  • Quote: I like it on whole wheat pita chips, but I just can't get my mom to like it (although she LOVES chickpeas, go figure).
    I hate chickpeas and i love hummus. go figure!
  • I don't like chick peas either, but someone posted a recipe on here for roasting them with cinn & splenda for about 40 min with a coating of olive oil and I loved them. Completly different taste!!
    Quote: I hate chickpeas and i love hummus. go figure!
  • Quote: I don't like chick peas either, but someone posted a recipe on here for roasting them with cinn & splenda for about 40 min with a coating of olive oil and I loved them. Completly different taste!!
    Hmmm That sounds worth a try. Supposedly dried and seasoned they're a good snack. I've seen them at the local wholesome choice market but I'm afraid i'll hate it!

Hmmm tahini is good too with garlic as a sauce!, or heavy dip!
  • I love Sabra Hummus with Pita crisps or pita bread. It's also really yummy with wheat thins