It's a bit of a grind, this week

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • A 1.5lb overnight bounce has depressed me. Yes, I know it's not fat but still It's an overall gain over the week.

I'm just in a gloomy frame this week. I wanted SO much to binge yesterday - and I haven't been able to track down why exactly. I didn't do it but it's so gloomy at the minute that I don't even feel proud of myself.

In a determined-to-depress-myself mood, I've looked back at my stats for this point in my weightloss last year: by this number of days from Onederland last year, I was 2lbs lighter than I am this time; I've still got 20 whole pounds to go, to get to where I abandoned it last year.

I don't have any option - any minute now, my body will just give up and I'll die - it's just a bit grinding at the moment, and a hug would be good!
  • This too shall pass. And we all know that binging or going off plan is NOT going to help the scale situation. What will help it? Staying on plan, staying on plan, staying on plan. That scale may be stubborn missy, but make no mistake about it - you are more stubborn.

And you do have to remember, there are going to be weeks like this. You've got one now, you're most likely going to have it again. Know that it will pass. Stay strong. Keep busy. Keep sane. Keep happy. Go pamper yourself a bit.

• Yeah, what Robin said. We all have those weeks.

This statement bothers me and I think it's dead wrong, if you'll pardon the pun.

Quote:
    any minute now, my body will just give up and I'll die
    No matter what the scale does, NO MATTER WHAT, your insides ARE responding. It's just too bad we can't see them. Are you monitoring your blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol or anything like that? For me, this would be the time to start keeping track of those numbers because they are far more important than the number on the scale. Your health is improving. Our bodies like it when we feed them this way and they respond to our healthy lifestyles in very predictable manners.

• Hang in there! Like Robin said, this too shall pass. You will be so glad that you stuck on plan and did not binge. I hope that you are feeling a little prouder of yourself now than it sounds like from your post. You should be proud!

• Here are a couple extra hugs; put them in your pocket for later on today, OK?

Keep your eye on the prize. It's OK that you had a temporary fluctuation; you already know that it's not really fat, it's just a blip.

Hang in there. We can do this.
  • Hang in there. I had a huge bounce at the end of last week and it's thrown me off but I'm exercising more right now and not drinking enough water. Don't feel bad just keeping going.

• I'm sorry you're feeling down - I hope you're able to feel better very soon. You know the extra weight is not fat, and what's past is past. You're doing so well!
  • no problem!

don't forget that you have been seeing good losses over the weeks. I get you that the mental part of the ups and downs can feel grueling.

• I have virtual hug skills!

• More hugs for you, chickie!

Know that I have been right where you are many times before...

When the is sitting on your shoulder whispering sweet nothings into your ear it's hard not to fall back on our old friend the binge, but remember that the binge is really not our friend.

So ride it out. You will be SO GLAD that you did.

• What everyone else said, & here's some extra hugs just for good measure.

• Aw :blush: thankyou for all those great hugs!

I've got to say, I haven't managed to rise to sunbeam, mood-wise, but I have managed to stay on plan and at least managed to separate mood and food. That's a plus. I've taken a walk, I've kept my temper with annoying personnel at the post office, and I've eaten healthily. Tomorrow I'll work on being smilier!

thankyou again.
  • I've been struggling with motivation and feeling down at little setbacks too. I also am having trouble staying motivated to exercise. I am good for a day or two then I talk myself out of it, make excuses etc. I was talking to my sister in law about it and she said she used hypnosis to help. She said she wasn't sure at first but it was pretty cheap and everything else had failed. She can't stop talking about it. Has anyone else heard of it or used it. I am thinking about trying it, I checked it out at **********/. I'd love to know if it's worked for anyone else.
  • Big hugs!!! I have been there done that. I gained 13lbs over night. I cried. Then I thought there is NO WAY I consumed enough extra calories to gain that. LOL but its very frustrating...Just keep doing what you are doingand it will show up.
  • Aww, I'm sorry you're hurting so much. I hope you feel better real soon. But please don't give up. I bet those 1.5 pounds will be gone in just a couple of days if you stick with it.