weight loss/workout suppliments

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • doe anyone take them?? to help lose or help you work out?
  • Not me.
  • Nope. My husband's an MD and he's adamantly against them.
  • No Way
  • I've been really curious about CLA and all the info I find is sort of 50/50. I've been contemplating it for a year. lol

Also, green tea..with loose leaves, not the bagged kind. I heard to get the proper benefits of green tea you should drink it made with loose leaves...
  • I know someone who is taking CLA and green tea pills as a supplement for weight loss. He's losing pretty steadily, but he's also exercising and watching his diet. It's hard to say how much either one of those supplements actually helps, if at all. I'm a bit skeptical; personally, I think the majority of supplements neither help nor hurt.
  • I personally believe that weight loss is achievable without pills, patches, drinks, etc. There's no magic fix or cure. My belief is that for long term, healthy weight loss it is about hard work, making better choices and making the commitment to do it for life. I am proof and so are many others here at 3FC.

Again, this is just my personal opinion and not an attack on anyone.
  • Never took any. I'd also recommend a visit to our maintainers forum. I don't know of anyone there who has ever taken any 'diet' supplements as part of their weight loss.
  • I took a hydroxycut once and it took my appetite away and made me jittery. I never took another one because I know it's not healthy to work out for 3 hours straight and then not eat all day.
  • Took slimquick extreme and gained 7lbs!!....lol.

Nothing beats diet and exercise.
  • I started out taking apple cider vinegar tablets and green tea tablets. All they did was make my stomach upset. Other than vitamins, I don't think there is really anything out there that is necessary or even advisable for weight loss.
  • I just do vitamins. Supplements are just seem too risky for me.
  • multi, fish oil (omegas), bcaas (full branch amino chain profile)
  • I started out taking green tea, & fish oil. Also threw in Vit B, C, D and Calcium suppliments plus ginseng when I was tired and cutting back on caffiene. But I stopped taking them a few weeks ago. Can't say as they helped or not.

It appears most people assumed you were talking about diet suppliments for weight loss. But there are also the weight training suppliments like creatine that some people use. I have a friend who was losing weight and cutting fat, using chromium and creatine suppliments. Can't say as their overall benefit to her either.

I have another friend who just lost weight using the HCG spray diet plan. 3 months of spray in the mouth twice a day and a 500 caloried diet. She lost 30lbs. You would too on a 500 cal diet.
  • 500 calorie diet?!?! Ouch.

I use a protein shake after my workouts.