Where to weigh ?

• Hello from sunny Florida
    I'm here on holiday and keeping away from all the food temptations
    There's just one thing irking me. There are no scales where I'm staying. I found some scales at the mall today, but coudn't face weighing infront of the whole mall .I know I could get a pair of scales from the shop, but wondered if there was a place where I could quickly weigh myself? Just need some assurance
    x
  • Target & Walmart have scales tucked in the aisles to get a quick weigh. The most accurate at Walmart seem to be the Health O Meter scales.

Enjoy your vacation!
  • I would NOT weigh yourself on a strange scale. If it weighs heavier than your home scale, you will get all depressed and be tempted to eat off plan: if it weighs lighter, you might build false confidence and then be dismayed when you get home.

If you habitually weigh naked first thing in the morning after you pee and you go weigh on a store scale in the afternoon wearing your clothes and shoes, you will almost certainly weigh two, four, or even six pounds more than you expect just from that.
  • Myself, being a daily weigh in...whether the scale is off badly or not, I would need to purchase any scale on vacation solely for detection whether I was going up or down, whether it read my actual weight or 15lbs higher. I determine my high carb days only by which direction the scale moves...or doesn't move. Probably makes me the exception & not the rule though because of that.

If I was a weekly or bi-weekly weigh in...I wouldn't risk seeing the higher numbers. I'd stress something awful. I'd have to determine by how I felt by touch & by my clothes until I got home.
  • You are on vacation, I would not worry about weighing in.. plus like others say you weight will be fluctuated and it could send you in to a downward spiral
  • Thanks everyone! I think it's coming off - I feel thinner, my clothes are looser and I feel Goooooooooood (could of course be the holiday high !) Think I'll wait for a nice (hopefully ) surprise when I get home. Thanks for the advice.
  • Ok, just to let you know, even after a night flight and 24 hours of travelling, the scale shows I managed to lose 10 lbs !!! Big Whoop
  • That's AWESOME!!!
  • Thanks Mamaflea - I was really hoping for m ore, but also realised that I have TOM today too, so perhaps there was more. It was not easy to be on such a long vacation, and lose weight, but I am very glad I did ;0