Pictures still demotivate me...see for yourself

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • This morning, I hit 174 pounds, which puts me in the overweight category. Also, it means I've lost 60 pounds. So I was feeling pretty dang good about myself. I told my husband "I want pictures!!" I've been kicking myself ever since!!

I look at pictures of all of you and think, man! They're doing awesome! I see such huge differences. I can certainly see a difference in me...but gosh. I don't know...my outside still doesn't match that mental image I have of myself. I should just live inside my head. It's much prettier!!

Sorry that the before picture is so small. That's me feeling pretty good about myself after a haircut at 235 pounds.

The second picture is of me today on the way out to dinner. The dress is a size medium!! For goodness sakes, I now wear a size 12 and am close to a 10. But the woman I see in this picture is not that size.

• I actually kind of like this one.

• I think you look fab!
  • I think you look great as well!! Keep up the good work!!
  • You are looking great Eliana! We are our own worst critics though.

Your hubby looks mighty pleased in that picture I think it will just take some time for your mind to catch up with the rest of you.
  • Goodness, girlfriend....you're gorgeous!
  • You look amaziing and it is great to put a face with the name!
  • You look beautiful and there is no comparison with the first picture.
  • 1) You look beautiful -- and look at how narrow your torso has become! That's insane.
    2) If you aren't as thin as you'd like, please remember that now that you're littler, even 10 additional pound can and will make a HUGE difference in your figure that would've have been evident when you were 230 lbs. That's one of the thigns that thrilled me about getting down into the 170s decade in particular -- at that point, losing 10 pounds and moving from 176-->166 made a *tremendous* difference in my figure that I didn't observe when I moved from 186-->176.
  • I think you look gorgeous!! Be proud of all that hard work you've done!!
  • I see a big difference and I agree that you look fab. We are the last ones who can see the difference in our own body, for some reason. It's like your brain hasn't caught up with the reality of how you look yet. I am struggling with the same thing recently.
  • Quote: You look beautiful and there is no comparison with the first picture.
    I completely agree!

Nice work, Eliana! Your progress is very evident and you should be so proud.

Cheers,

J
  • You are looking fabulous! Keep up the good work!
  • You look so chic! Your weight loss is very evident! Love the shoes!
  • You look FABULOUS! I am the same height and weight as you now and I carry it different, I'm no where near a size 12! WTG!