Need help with my daily menu

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: Unless the flavored soy milk specifies unsweetened it does have added sugar. There is a brand of splenda sweetened soy milks and unsweetened vanilla or chocolate soy or almond that you can sweeten yourself. That said the vanilla is on the allowed list so it's up to you. Personally I would avoid as much added sugar as I could in Phase 1.

Remember that the sugars in milk are a natural part of milk and are allowed and that we don't count sugars on this plan. We read labels
    Ok, now I'm confused. Sugar is not listed as an ingredient -
    Filtered Water, Soy Flour, Natural Evaporated Cane Juice, Calcium Carbonate, Sea Salt, Natural Flavours, Carrageenan, Sodium Ascorbate, Zinc Glutonate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin B12

So is it legal or not? (Still drinking the unsweetened vanilla just to be safe)
  • Cane juice is sugar cane juice. If it tastes sweet, and there is no artificial sweetener listed on the ingredient list, you can bet the sugar is coming from somewhere. I would stick to the unsweetened if I were youl
  • I'm kind of new to SB myself, and I've been drinking Soy Slender chocolate Soymilk. On the box it says it only has 1g of Net Carbs and its sweetened with Splenda. Would that be acceptable on phase 1? I've been drinking this to calm my chocolate cravings.
  • Cindy, I went and took a look at the label and it looks ok.
    I'd count it towards dessert!!
    I'm going to have to look for this in my local stores..have never seen it.
  • Femmecreole, That's for the info, I'll count it for dessert.
  • I've seen it in chocolate, vanilla & cappuccino
  • So I just wanted to say that I am still drinking the unsweetened vanilla soy and unsweetened almond vanilla and adding in a little truvia or splenda and it tastes great!