Newbie to Beck

• I thought I'd introduce myself to this forum. I have been with Metabolic Research Center since mid-April and I've lost 19 pounds. I am a teacher, so summer vacation just started for me. I figure this is a great time to work on cognitive change since I no longer have the structure of a regular work day to keep me in bounds. I realized after the last few days of "stinkin' thinkin'" that my head will always get turned if I don't learn some new skills! This morning I ordered a used book through Amazon and can't wait for it to arrive.
  • WELCOME!

So glad you posted. I think you'll find the Beck techniques so very helpful. They have helped me a great deal.

Folks here are helpful, supportive and friendly.

PS Congrats on your weight loss.
  • Welcome, ladystarrider! Looking forward to seeing you on our monthly chatting thread.
  • Welcome ! I'm glad I'm not the newest person anymore

Woodland
  • Welcome ladystarrider!

I'm fairly new, but I'm finding adding Beck principles to my food plan is really helping. I do find I do better when I check in and stay accountable. Although I'm sometimes too busy to respond with personals I read each post very carefully because there's lots of helpful information. When I do have the chance to greet everyone personally, I find it helps me most.

My next goal is to have my personal check in list. I'm thinking about it....which is a start.

Best wishes!
  • The Beck "method" is great. I'm glad there are so many people who realize we have to change our thinking if we're really going to lose the weight and keep it off!

Congrats on your weight loss - celebrate each pound!