10 Minutes!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So, I have secretly wanted to be a runner for a really long time. Even in high school (ok, 2 years ago in my junior year, the last year I had to take gym), as much as I hated running the mile (aka walking the mile or getting out of it), I really wished that I could run.

Anyway, cut to me, today at the gym. I decided to start C25K on Monday to try and get me running by the time I go back to school at the end of August. I set my goal at 30 solid minutes of running by the end of the summer. I'm doing a modified version, instead of the 30 minutes I've been doing 45, and I am doing it daily. So today I wasn't really feeling the program, and I decided that I would stop at 30 minutes IF I tried to run as long as I could after the 30 minutes of the regular program were up.

To cut to the chase, I ran for 10 solid minutes! No stopping, no pausing, just me running. Going from 1 minute runs with 90 seconds of walking to 10 minutes was kind of crazy. My pace was 10:54 minute/mile, so I was pretty close to hitting the mile mark. Anyway, sorry this is a bit rambly but I am so excited!!!! I wanted to do a dance at the gym.
  • Wow, congrats.
  • thanks for the post!
  • That is AWESOME
  • Good for you! Isn't is crazy how much strength we have within?
  • You have let the inner runner out & now she is unstoppable. Good for you.
  • Contgratulations...
  • Nice! Keep up the good work and let us know about your progress!

Cheers,

J
  • That is awesome! You are gonna blow your goal out of the water at this rate! Keep it up!
  • You ROCK!
  • Hey I am proud when I can run for more than 1 minute and if I managed 10 I would be thrilled!

WTG and keep it up!!
  • That's awesome! I just recently started running and it feels great to be able to!!! Go you and keep it up!!!!
  • Congratulations! That was a fun post to read.
    You sound so excited.
    Great work!