WOW! What A Week Of Death

• This has been one of those weeks that brings back memories from my youth/young adult years

With the passing of Dennis Hopper ....the star, with Peter Fonda and Jack Nicholson, in one of my favorite movies EASY RIDER ...I saw while still in junior high

Gary Coleman from Different Strokes ...whatcha talkin' about willis

Rue McClanahan from Golden Girls....the one on the spicy side

and now John Wooden one of the greatest human beings ever and UCLA basketball icon...

is rumored to be, at 99, on his death bed...

Most of my memories of these people are from many years ago really...but they seem so near today....

Be good.....our days are numbered.....
  • good thing we're not celebrities, eh EZ?

yeah i agree- they just keep coming- seems like it's been a rough year to be famous. I'm bummed about Rue McClanahan. I loved watching her in Mama's Family.
  • Quote: good thing we're not celebrities, eh EZ?
    Says who?
  • Don't forget Art Linkletter. He brought many smiles with his "Kids Say The Darndest Things" and showed us all that "People Are Funny."
  • Oh gosh SUE...I didn't really...even had a thread on him when he passed. I grew up watching Art...he went to college many years ago in our area.
  • And now John Wooden has passed on at 99...

if you ever need a quote to get your butt up an moving...

just go to his!
  • Didn't Lena Horne die recently too? It really is crazy how many of them have died the last week or two. One of my husband's students says it's because Bret Michaels is a vampire and he's stealing the life force from all these other celebrities in order to stay alive despite all his crazy health problems!