Whatcha Readin' June 2010

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • I just downloaded the new one by Bret Easton Ellis--Imperial Bedroom. I also had to down load it's precursor--Less Than Zero to re-read first. Of course, I'm only 30% done with The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest so it'll be a while before I get to these. And I also have Jen Lancaster's My Fair Lazy...If only I had more time! I'm hoping DH puts together my bike so I can read and ride at the same time (can't manage that with the elliptical or treadmill).
  • Just finished up 'The Lovely Bones'. Loved it, was much better than the movie to me (as books tend to be ) and I like the movie. I am still reading on 'Turning Angel' by Greg Iles and just started the first book in Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles as well
  • I'm currently reading the outlander series by Diana galbadon !! super super good and i have a bunch of marian keyes books to be read.. she is so funnny!
  • Quote: I am half way through Jemima J by Jane Green
    One of my all time favorite easy reads! I hope you enjoy it!

Also, I just finished The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer. And I have just started Hope In A Jar by Beth Harbison.
  • Hope in a Jar was okay

Thanks ANOther - I added The Oath to my Good Reads queue.

I am reading House Rules by Picoult. I'm about 40 pages in and she's NOT in the courtroom yet! It's a miracle. I either like her books or get hugely annoyed, we'll see how this one goes.
  • I just finished Open by Andre Agassi and really liked it-

Scraver, I couldn't really get into the 4 day win. I don't know why. Maybe I will try reading it again at another time.
  • While on vacation, I read Get Lucky by Katherine Center. It was a quick read. Was only alright for me.

Now I"m reading The Ice Man. http://www.amazon.com/Ice-Man-Confes...7216266&sr=8-6 Absolutley chilling story of Richard "The Ice Man" Kuklinski
  • Quote: Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell
    Half-Assed by Jennette Fulda
    Awesome awesome......and did I mention awesome? Book!
  • I'm reading,"The Power of Intention" by Dr. Wayne W.Dyer.
  • I'm finally onto Underground by Kat Richardson. Still trudging through Last Night in Twisted River. It's good, but I can only read so much at a time. At some point I may have to go back and read The World According to Garp, I read it in high school and loved it. Not sure if I would now.
  • So many books, so little time.....
    Ubegirl & My Body in motion, I am also reading Little Bee!! Perhaps we should do a book club???
    Next on my list I have:

Sout of Broad by Pat Conroy
    The Girl Who played with fired by Stieg Larsson (loved the 1st one of the Millenium trilogy!)
    Cutting for Stone by Abraham Berghese

Caribbean Girl
  • i just finished reading the vampire academy series.. i must say iy was very good. im just upset that i must wait for the last book.. lol

now i am waiting for the house of night series.. i ordered it from the library so that is what will keep me busy this week.

as you can tell im into the whole vampire world.. lol
  • Finished Little Bee (thumbs down), and I'm on to In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan.

Next I'm re-reading Eat Pray Love for my book club.
  • I am reading "All Over Creation" By Ruth Ozeki. It is a fictional account of the dangers of the farming industry. I would recommend her book "My Year of Meats" which is about the livestock industry mixed with interesting plot and storyline, but it actually has a bibliography of real sources, any day.
  • Quote: I've read all the currently released books in the Dexter series, and can't wait for the new one to come out. I also love the TV series.
    Just finished the first season last night! So good!!! Loving the books, too.