Beginning MRC Tomorrow - Here's what I think I'm buying...

• Hi Ladies,

After trolling this forum for about 6 weeks, I finally went in to my local MRC center (McKinney, TX) and had a consultation. They are currently running a special where you get 17 weeks for $199 ($100 off). Of course, usually you pay $299 and get the saliva test for free, so for the $199, you don't get the saliva test but you can pay an additional $100 to get it. That cracks me up. I've decided that I really don't care what the saliva test reveals and I'll save my $100 there.

Also, it seems that other than the HSNs, I need a good multi vitamin (will opt for a pharmaceutical grade one at The Vitamin Shop in lieu of Walmart but still cheaper than MRC), a good Flax Seed Oil (how much of this are you guys taking), and the MRC6, which after lots of research looks like I can purchase online for half the cost under the name of KLB5 (only thing different seems to be no B6, which I can ensure is in the multivitamin that I choose). Do these substitutions sound reasonable? Is anyone else using these instead of the MRC-specific products?

This keeps my joining cost down at the $200 for 17 weeks (I need to lose 43 lbs in 15 weeks to get down to 135 from 178), and if I factor in about 3 HSNs per day, that puts me at about $85/month for HSNs if I buy them at the bulk rate of $50 for 5 boxes ($100 if I need to go up to 4 per day).

If I do it this way, I think I can keep it in a manageable budget for me. I have an appt. tomorrow at 1pm to actually join. Special ends tomorrow!

Any advice about the above is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
  • The vitamin and flax oil should be fine. Many people do not use any supplements at all -- wondering why you feel you need the MRC6? When the HNS are on sale at diet direct dot com, you can get them cheaper. Congratulations on your first step!!
  • guinevere75, sounds like a plan. I attend Mckinney as well and the ladies there are great but they will try and sell you. I started with all the extras but weened myself down to healthfood store multi, and flax or efa's and I still averaged 2lbs a week. The Holidays slowed me down but I did reach my goal in plenty of time for the summer. Good luck to you, it's not easy but so worth it. I have found the key is the HNS's and water, water water.
    sexyrene
  • Thx Deb. In digging through lots of posts on this forum, it seemed like MRC6 was something that most ladies take and think works, thus I had decided that the cheaper version would be worth the cost - it's $24/bottle for a 2 month supply (180 capsules). Do you think it's a non-important piece? Also, what are the HNS called on the diet direct site? Thx for that tip - I'm always looking for a deal.

Thx Sexyrene - you actually answered some of my initial questions a few weeks ago - much appreciated! Do those girls in McKinney work off of a commission? I hope not - I'll be a poor client for them if so - I'm pretty thrifty and not swayed easily by sales pitches. I thought I was going to fall out when she told me I could buy the saliva test for $100 (discounted of course from the usual price of $205)!!
  • Quote: Thx Deb. In digging through lots of posts on this forum, it seemed like MRC6 was something that most ladies take and think works, thus I had decided that the cheaper version would be worth the cost - it's $24/bottle for a 2 month supply (180 capsules). Do you think it's a non-important piece? Also, what are the HNS called on the diet direct site? Thx for that tip - I'm always looking for a deal.

Thx Sexyrene - you actually answered some of my initial questions a few weeks ago - much appreciated! Do those girls in McKinney work off of a commission? I hope not - I'll be a poor client for them if so - I'm pretty thrifty and not swayed easily by sales pitches. I thought I was going to fall out when she told me I could buy the saliva test for $100 (discounted of course from the usual price of $205)!!

here is a label from PROTI, same as MRC clear hns. There are several different flavors. hope this helps.

if you do the meal-replacement bars, the BARIWISE are beyond good!

All the best!

• Thx so much, Joy! See you post alot here - you look fabulous and I can see you've lost a tremendous amount of weight, so much congrats!

I just finished all my paperwork and am officially enrolled - I begin preconditioning tomorrow, and have my 1st meeting on next Friday, June 4, to get my menu and get started on the plan.

I bought their EFA, but nothing else. Seemed like $21 was fine to spend on that for the guarantee of no fishy taste - will definately look for a lower-cost comparable match in the future.

Also, went to the Vitamin Ship and got a good multi-vitamin along with some calcium and magnesium (which I think I may have actually seen you recommend on another thread, Joy - but could be remembering wrong).

I'm ready to go! Now how do I get one of those cool tickers at the bottom?
  • I figured it out. I'm all set now!
  • Quote: Thx so much, Joy! See you post alot here - you look fabulous and I can see you've lost a tremendous amount of weight, so much congrats!

I just finished all my paperwork and am officially enrolled - I begin preconditioning tomorrow, and have my 1st meeting on next Friday, June 4, to get my menu and get started on the plan.

I bought their EFA, but nothing else. Seemed like $21 was fine to spend on that for the guarantee of no fishy taste - will definately look for a lower-cost comparable match in the future.

Also, went to the Vitamin Ship and got a good multi-vitamin along with some calcium and magnesium (which I think I may have actually seen you recommend on another thread, Joy - but could be remembering wrong).

I'm ready to go! Now how do I get one of those cool tickers at the bottom?

yip, on the magnesium, I swear by NATURAL CALM. It is awesome. You sleep better, you are calmer, oh well. Best.
  • Joy2MeNu, what brand do you use for the creamy puddings? And on the BariWise drinks, what kind of sweetener is used? I see it says nutritive but I don't know what that is. Everything else seems comparable.
  • Quote: Joy2MeNu, what brand do you use for the creamy puddings? And on the BariWise drinks, what kind of sweetener is used? I see it says nutritive but I don't know what that is. Everything else seems comparable.
    I may not be much help here. The only creamy puddings I have purchased are through MRC, both the chocolate and the vanilla. Really like both of them. I am sure someone else may respond as to options from dietdirect.com on this. I just haven't trieda any of theirs yet!

Yes, I too have asked about sweetners. All I know is that it is not aspartame, and I needed to hear that. I prefer no man-made sweeteners, but if that is what I must do, it may be the lesser of two evils! My sweetener choice outside of the products is TRUVIA. --Joy2MeNu