Hi

• Hi everyone. I have been lurking on here for about 2 weeks and decided it was time to join up. I have been told by my dr to go on the south beach diet. I havne't had a clean start. It's just so hard to give up things I love. I have lost 7lbs in 2 weeks though. Next week I'm going to try to do a clean phase 1. I really need this. I have aroun 113lbs to lose to be where I want to be.
    I'm gettting a menu together this week which is completely new to me. I usually just throw stuff together. I also need to find breakfast things that are easy that I can make ahead. Need grab and go food in the morning.
  • You are on track, a clean ph1 really helps with cravings and planning is key for many of us. I made the breakfast cups and froze them. And the same with the breakfast cheesecake (as muffins). Some days I ate leftovers for breakfast. Or sliced turkey. These days I eat crockpot refried beans every morning. The recipe is on here. Fast to heat up - lots of fiber, protein and carbs. Glad to have you with us
  • Here are some idea for quick and fast breakast

You can boil eggs and keep in fridge. You could also cook turkey bacon on the weekend and just reheat daily. There is a recipe for a rolled omelette in the recipe section that can be cooked ahead of time and then reheated to eat.
    boiled eggs and v8
    the refried beans mentioned above with salsa and cheese
    Celery with laughing cow cheese with some other kind of protein

Hope this helps.

Tammie
  • Hey!! I just did the same thing... Lurked around and then finally joined!! I am doin the Atkins induction.. I am the same height and want to weigh about the same... So I will say!! GOOD LUCK!! Happy lifestyle change to you!!! We can cheer each other on!!
  • V8 comes in little cans. They are awesome for eating on the run. I'm finding that the V8 high fiber gets me a good am serving of veggies. There is also a mock muffin recipe floating around this site that is pretty terrific. Good Luck. It really is worth doing a clean phase I for emotional as well as physical reasons. I find that I don't WANT to cheat as much because I've already put so much work into it!
  • Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I really needed it.
  • My go to quick breakfast is boiled eggs & V8. I make up a big batch of them on the weekends, then grab a couple each day. One of my favorite breakfasts is the Cinnamon omelet, but it's not for those mornings when you don't have time to cook. The recipes on this forum are fantastic!